Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Review: 2014 Fully loaded FORD ESCAPE Titanium

So my car's in the shop, and I'm driving this fully loaded Escape Titanium for almost 2 weeks now. Here is my short review..

The car is very luxurious and the interior is superb. The materials are a league higher than our cars, but a bit less fancy than a Fusion. Interior room and flexibility is excellent. Cargo area is enormous, and the rear seats fold flat to give you even more space for moving large objects.

Ride quality is good. Speed bumps in NYC could be taken at 20mph without much drama. Steering is decent but less sharp than our cars (longer ratio too), brakes are less touchy, and body roll is tremendous. The stability control cannot be turned off from what I can see - not even a button for it.

This particular car has the parking feature - it will parallel park for you. Unfortunately it will not fit into spaces that are the exact legnth of the car or just a few inches larger, as I have to do here in Manhattan pretty often. And sometimes, it will park itself more than a foot from the curb, which is kind of extreme and makes me the car furthest out toward the street..

The rear hatch is powered and you can swing your foot under the rear bumper to open it and close it if your hands are full.. Unfortunately, since it powered, it's almost impossible to operate it manually.. it will fight you and not latch if you just want to overpower it and slam it closed... and waiting for the power hatch to open and close is annoying.. it's too slow.

This Escape has a 2.0 EcoBoost and the average MPG so far is 19.. Exactly the same driving that I do in my FiST Yields about 27mpg..

One last thing. Automatic transmissions have come a very long way.. it is almost bearable in this car in sport mode, but still not quite.. I found myself missing my manual gearbox at least twice on my daily commute.

Conclusion: If I wanted a small SUV for myself, I would probably not buy the Escape and go for a Mazda CX5, which is way less fancy and slower, but more sporty. To everyone else, the Escape is pretty hard to beat in its class. It's extremely nice to drive, looks good, and feel like it's really well put together... And that power panoramic roof is SICK!

I just wish they didn't change the body style. I was never a huge fan of them to begin with, but my dad's had two now. His last one was the last model. Got it after the new body style was released as he wasn't a fan of the new style either. However I like the new features and the new eco boost motors have a much better fuel economy.

My mom has a loaded Titanium Escape. It's a fantastic vehicle! I personally love the new styling. The last gen was startingn to look very dated.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
The escape jas really grown on me. Never even recognized them before I bought my FiST. But cant help imagining it dropped if I owned one lol

I sat in one at the dealer I bought my FIST from,I don't know what model prob titanium(showroom floor) bc it had leather and pan roof. I really liked it and it did feel luxurious, I even said to my mother who was with me at the time I would def consider one of these if I was looking for this type of vehicle. I can't talk about its driving,wish I gave it a quick spin now that I think about it. I think I would rather go with the EDGE if it came down to it,the one I sat in was some special pkg with 20" chrome wheels and silver paint,with some dark tint it would have looked so damn sexy. They were asking somewhere around $40,000+ for it. Of course at that price point I would be looking at something else. Like an M series BMW. Or wait for the new R32.

-ry

My mom's previous car was an Edge and the Escape is a lot nicer than the Edge! I didn't think it was possible to like a car (in that category of cars) more than I liked that Edge, but the Escape is fantastic and actually handles very well! I have been able to get 30MPG out of it when driving with a light right foot, but the 2.0l Ecoboost wants to be pushed!

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
[video=youtube;vuLBV54KLf8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLBV54KLf8&list=UU5ApoKMJjjErQygBelCVjYg[/video]

I liked the new Escape Ecoboost quite a bit, but we opted for an SE rather than titanium. video posted is my personal review video

We have a 2012 Escape SE V6 FWD and a '13 Escape SE 2.0T AWD
Going to fit the '13 with an SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer in a month

My mom's previous car was an Edge and the Escape is a lot nicer than the Edge! I didn't think it was possible to like a car (in that category of cars) more than I liked that Edge, but the Escape is fantastic and actually handles very well! I have been able to get 30MPG out of it when driving with a light right foot, but the 2.0l Ecoboost wants to be pushed!
Idk,I guess it personal preference,the escape was nice,but the edge I really like the design better and the one I saw with 20" chromes was sexy as hell

Going to fit the '13 with an SCT X4 Power Flash Programmer in a month
Could you go into detail what the SCT X4 flash does for it.thanks

-ry

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Idk,I guess it personal preference,the escape was nice,but the edge I really like the design better and the one I saw with 20" chromes was sexy as hell

Could you go into detail what the SCT X4 flash does for it.thanks

-ry
[video=youtube_share;o9ZXSK5jV0c]http://youtu.be/o9ZXSK5jV0c[/video]
it does the same things a Cobb AccessPort V3 does.

http://www.sctflash.com/

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=74&VID=

This product supports 2013 Ford Focus ST and WILL support 2014 Fiesta ST (USDM) SOOOON, pre-loaded tunes for Fiesta ST are not yet available. most everything 1996-2013 from Ford is covered though.

"X4 Ford Quick Overview
The X4 Power Flash arrives Pre-Loaded with DYNO Proven tune files that INCREASE HORSEPOWER and TORQUE! Programming your vehicle with one of SCT's pre-loaded performance or fuel economy tune files is as easy as 1-2-3. Simply plug the OBDII connector into your vehicle's OBDII port, select the pre-loaded tune file using the simple to navigate menu and within minutes the X4 programs your vehicle.
X4 Ford Product Features
Increases Horsepower & Torque!
Stores 10 Custom Tunes
Full Color Backlit LCD Display
High Speed Datalogging / Monitoring
Reads/Clears DTC Trouble Codes
Easy Restoration Back to Stock
Dual Analog Inputs
Most Popular Vehicles Supported
Installs Quickly & Easily
USB Interface Cable Included
User Adjustable Vehicle Parameters
Built-In Wifi for easy updates"

-ry
Unfortunately they are "chrome'' wheels. I found that out after washing my moms old car and realizing that is is just a plastic fake chrome cover attached to the wheel...How cheap is that???? I wasn't very happy to find out about that one!

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Unfortunately they are "chrome'' wheels. I found that out after washing my moms old car and realizing that is is just a plastic fake chrome cover attached to the wheel...How cheap is that???? I wasn't very happy to find out about that one!
Yup My First Challenger had this too I liked it for winter but didn;t care for the fakeness of it over all. So I ordered a proper Challenger R/T with the classic five spoke chrome wheels and kept it for one summer also LOL but it looked cool compared to the fake plastic mags on my first one ..

I was really upset to find out they were fake, especially after she curbed them and it peeled up part of the plastic cover instead of a normal curb rash on a real wheel! [:0]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Could they just replace the plastic mag overcover thingy or not ? I wondered about something like that ..

Yup My First Challenger had this too I liked it for winter but didn;t care for the fakeness of it over all. So I ordered a proper Challenger R/T with the classic five spoke chrome wheels and kept it for one summer also LOL but it looked cool compared to the fake plastic mags on my first one ..
So you had 2 challengers? Nice,I know a guy at work who has an R/T and at one point considered one. There just so heavy. What made you get rid of it. Do you like your FIST better,in what ways?

-ry