Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

REVIEW: Perps and Berbs tune add-on (Tune+)

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey folks,

After patiently waiting I ordered and received the P&B add-on for my custom tunes from Adam. His version of exhaust pops and crackles is a bit different from others out there, he takes the non-insanity route and makes it conservative, just enough to enjoy but not enough to drive you crazy (as I've heard from customers of other versions of this sound mod). Rev range is 3200-3900 rpm. It's customizable in both amount and range of P&B so I might have it changed but I need to drive on it a few weeks first. Here are some sound clips from the car just sitting in my garage waiting to be unleashed...I'm very happy with this mod!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD5-zZ27A7g

Order here:

https://www.tuneplusinc.com/product...p2mUdYYbIsL25Duf8RQJYA&variant=31403323654201

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
Finally a sound I can get behind! But the world loves Dizzy tune.....but his pop add on is way too much.

I ordered this from Adam, the second round. It hasn't arrived yet but your's sounds pretty good!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I ordered this from Adam, the second round. It hasn't arrived yet but your's sounds pretty good!
Thanks. I still haven't gotten it out on the road yet, it's monsooning here for the next 3 days straight and I want to drive it with the roof open so I can hear the magic. But I had to at least load the tune.

I missed out on his first batch by an hour, watched every day for a month, got in right after it showed up available the other day. It closed just a few hour later, I think I was one of the first to buy it so I got it 3 days later which is quick especially since he added P&B to multiple tunes for multiple fuels.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thought I'd post some thoughts after driving around a few days with this tune.

As I said above iirc the default is 3200-3900 rpms. At first I wondered if I wanted this set lower or higher, however after 100 miles of driving I think it's set perfectly. The reason for this is that under 3200 you can be stealthy. More importantly and very well-played is this - 80mph on the interstate in 6th gear is about 3200 rpms. So, no sound on the highway while cruising. That is perfect. The 3200 starting point makes a lot of sense.

That aside, sound quality is great. Not obnoxious at all, with the windows up you can barely hear it in the car, and I mean barely.

So, I am happy with this mod/tune. The main use for this as I see it is shenanigans in the parking lot trying to impress your friends, or if you're driving by someone and want to product shock and terror, downshift and fill the world with the sounds of your exhaust.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrxZblVUkMU

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I wonder what a bigger range would be like? I mean if I'm above 3500 I'm having fun anyway. What about 35 to redline? So when I want it it's all there

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
I wonder what a bigger range would be like? I mean if I'm above 3500 I'm having fun anyway. What about 35 to redline? So when I want it it's all there
He'll only tune it for 1500rpms max and it has to be between 3000 and 5000. Not sure why those parameters are in place but knowing Adam it has to do with reliability, so I super respect that.

Honestly too much would sound like a chainsaw, I'm not for that. I feel it's just right where it is, but I tend to be understated in general.

not bad. i usually don't like the pop tunes that i hear but this one sounds like a slightly more aggressive version of the stock exhaust with a resonator delete and a high flow downpipe.