Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM 2016 FiST

Just purchased this today... I did notice that car idles a bit rough... I was looking under the car and noticed what “appears” to red polyurethane bushings on the RMM.. quick googling shows that this is one of the recommended upgrades... I know ford tends to do revisions but does look stock at all?

I know the car has had some modifications in its past... just trying to find all the stuff that had been changed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
stealbluesho
Thread Starter #4

Thanks!!

It’s also got “upgraded” CUP spoilers...

The NVH was pretty rough at idle and low speeds... I was gonna check plugs and tire pressure etc as it does have sumitomo HTRZII tires which have an aggressive tread not conducive to quite rides....

Peaked under and saw the red bushings... it all makes sense...

Time to figure out what else was done.. and perhaps why the car was let go after 4 years and only 10K miles..

I’m figuring a tune at a minimum.. might start a separate post asking for any pointers.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Check your passenger-side and driver's side motor mounts as well. If they have the yellow "street" inserts, they should be pretty easy to spot. If they're the black "race" inserts, they may be harder to distinguish, but you should be able to tell. Or maybe you have full replacements. Or nothing at all :unsure:

OP
stealbluesho
Thread Starter #7

Still getting familiar with the ecoboost 1.6L but this looks stock to me... except for the Napa paper filter... ha!

Yes.. I topped off the coolant after this photo.

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
What year is it? Keep an eye on the coolant level after you top it off. Bring it up to the MAX line and keep a close eye. The 2014 and some 2015 model years have a recall for the head cracking (I think) and drinking coolant.

Looks like you still have the symposer as well as everything else stock. To check for a tune, with cruise control OFF, press the cancel button on the steering wheel and see if the RPM gauge needle moves up to the "1". If it does, you likely have a Cobb Accessport tune.

Edit: For piece of mind, I would probably go through and torque those rear motor mounts bolts properly. Who knows how competent the previous owner was. It probably wouldn't hurt to also change the oil, transmission fluid (read up on here the issues with the factory fill and what fluid to use), as well as spark plugs. All for piece of mind for under $200.

OP
stealbluesho
Thread Starter #9
What year is it? Keep an eye on the coolant level after you top it off. Bring it up to the MAX line and keep a close eye. The 2014 and some 2015 model years have a recall for the head cracking (I think) and drinking coolant.

Looks like you still have the symposer as well as everything else stock. To check for a tune, with cruise control OFF, press the cancel button on the steering wheel and see if the RPM gauge needle moves up to the "1". If it does, you likely have a Cobb Accessport tune.

Edit: For piece of mind, I would probably go through and torque those rear motor mounts bolts properly. Who knows how competent the previous owner was. It probably wouldn't hurt to also change the oil, transmission fluid (read up on here the issues with the factory fill and what fluid to use), as well as spark plugs. All for piece of mind for under $200.
Thank you for the info!!! It’s a 2016 with 10K miles on it... build date is 09/2015 though...

Car has fresh oil, not sure what type... probably el cheapo from the dealer... certainly not a motorcraft filter...

I’ll check plugs later today and see if there is a tune.

It did fail emissions when the dealer first got it due the emissions readiness wasn’t completed... happens when the KAM gets reset after a flash (at least on my other ford ecoboost vehicles)..

Thanks again!!

OP
stealbluesho
Thread Starter #10
Negative on the rpm jump when hitting RES/CAN on the steering wheel.

The NVH is probably mostly from the rmm, if it bothers you I recommend switching to a softer more daily friendly one like the mountune, cobb or whoosh one. From my experience the minor performance improvement I got from using a harder rmm wasn't worth the annoying noise and vibration.