Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM longevity?

I've had a Cobb RMM since I practically purchased the car in 2015. do the inserts wear out or need to be replaced? how's everyone else's RMM hold up?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've had a Cobb RMM since I practically purchased the car in 2015. do the inserts wear out or need to be replaced? how's everyone else's RMM hold up?
All depends on your driving style* dig Race* Autocross* look at the Urethane surrounding the mount and inspect for tears or cracks.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
Im an idiot. I’ve done all my own oil changes since I owned the car and never thought once to look up at it. And my driving style is grandpa daily driver. no racing no drop clutches and No track.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I know my mountune is on its way out. Been on the car since 20k.

I know my mountune is on its way out. Been on the car since 20k.
My mountune lasted about 9k miles before it cracked, been on a whoosh since then and am a little curious how it looks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I just replaced my Mountune RMM after ~40k. The insert in the smaller bushing developed some play -- didn't know that was the issue until I removed it, but I could tell something had loosened up. Replaced it today with a cp-e RMM.

doesn't mountune offer a lifetime warranty on their rmm?
IIRC they do, they sent me fresh bushings the replace it but it took a couple of weeks and a needed a working RMM since the FiST is my daily so I ended up with a Whoosh, and have been really happy with it so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
doesn't mountune offer a lifetime warranty on their rmm?
I don't think so. They claim "the service life of the component is greatly increased" which is true, but I don't remember any lifetime warranty. They have a replacement bushing kit for $25: https://www.mountuneusa.com/Replacement-Bushing-Kit-Fiesta-St-2013-2019-p/2364-rr-bk.htm Anyhow, as far as mods go, RMMs are relatively inexpensive, so I thought I might as well give cp-e a try -- somebody else on the forum claims to have > 80k on his.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^If my Vibra-Technics ever gives out, I will just reinstall my under 20K mile/3.5 year old CP-E (one of the reasons I did not sell it [wink]).

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've often wondered the same thing. My Cobb mount has a bit over 50k on it now and hasn't given me areason to suspect it's bad. I'm due for an oil change sometime this summer. I'll remove it and take some pics for posterity.

OP
J
Thread Starter #15
I've often wondered the same thing. My Cobb mount has a bit over 50k on it now and hasn't given me areason to suspect it's bad. I'm due for an oil change sometime this summer. I'll remove it and take some pics for posterity.
I noticed some squeaks getting into gear and off from a stop when the radio is off. Dunno how long it’s been there. But my other mounts are oem so maybe it’s that?

Fiestig

I will be checking mine after Ferd puts in new front struts. I have an AWR 70 with 37k on it but I also have a fairly new 88 in my back pocket

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just replaced my Mountune RMM after ~40k. The insert in the smaller bushing developed some play -- didn't know that was the issue until I removed it, but I could tell something had loosened up. Replaced it today with a cp-e RMM.
this happened with my Mountune after 14k I recently replaced it with a Vibratechnics. I replaced it when I went to the S280. I am glad I did as yes it had elongated the hole in the bushing . I was getting noticeable engine kick which made me suspect.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I noticed some squeaks getting into gear and off from a stop when the radio is off. Dunno how long it’s been there. But my other mounts are oem so maybe it’s that?
Yup! My squeek just got worse over time.Your upper mounts are on their way out. I recommend OEM mounts with powerflex inserts for the "cost effective, all you actually need" upgrade/repair.

Sam4

Yup! My squeek just got worse over time.Your upper mounts are on their way out. I recommend OEM mounts with powerflex inserts for the "cost effective, all you actually need" upgrade/repair.
Until they too, shit the bed. The squeaking becomes unbearable and the metal brackets tapping makes you wonder if the car is broken. Just got my last VibraTechnics mount (tranny), and will enjoy the PA spring temps today to swap it out. Yeah low 40s and wind..........

Could just be your air box bushings. I had the same thing and the air box bushings is what is squeaking. I can replicate it by wiggling the air box.