Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RMM Vibrations

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
This is why I am holding onto my CP-E RMM, and will not sell it, as if/when I go to more power from an S280, or the like, I plan on re-installing it, even though Ron claims the VT 'fast road' mount I have on the car now can handle all of the power in the world. [wink]
How do you like the VT? My biggest issues with stiff mounts was mirror blur, especially at night. I couldn't stand not being able to tell what was behind me. I've also looked at the CP-E, but the reviews seem to suggest it's a pretty aggressive mount. This is a part I only intend on buying once and will be my DD first and foremost.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How do you like the VT? My biggest issues with stiff mounts was mirror blur, especially at night. I couldn't stand not being able to tell what was behind me. I've also looked at the CP-E, but the reviews seem to suggest it's a pretty aggressive mount. This is a part I only intend on buying once and will be my DD first and foremost.
It is definitely more 'aggressive' than the factory RMM, but less so than the CP-E, and most other mounts, save for maybe Ron's full street, lowest durometer mount.
The only time I notice any NVH, or that it would ever possibly shake the mirror is when the AC is on a high setting, AT IDLE ONLY, and even then it is not too bad.

I eventually plan to do the VT passenger and driver's side mounts as well, in fast street, so I guess that I can accept some NVH in exchange for even more solid shifts, power transfer, and no creaking/knocking noises from worn out/ripped factory mounts (I don't trust the Powerflex inserts like everyone else does, and IF I am going through the bother of changing them already, I am doing it up! [wink]).

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I have all Fast Road Vibratechnics mounts. Came from a Boomba RMM and pineapple slice. Definitely less harsh but I never really minded anything like that. Made it feel more alive and less Blah. The Vibratechnics Fast road is the in between IMO. Check out my install thread!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just got back from errands, and I purposely ran the AC full bore during the trip.
The vibration is noticeable with the AC on at IDLE ONLY, but, it does NOT shake the rear view mirror at all, whatsoever, if that is your 'line in the sand' measure of unacceptability in a RMM. [wink]

Again, with the AC off, it not only does NOT shake the rear view, but it is barely noticeable as compared to factory.

Last edited:
OP
J

jazz

Thread Starter #25
Hey guys, so I got my Whoosh "street spec" RMM in a mail a couple weeks ago and finally installed it over the weekend and went for a nice drive through my local canyons! 10/10 would recommend this RMM! Much stiffer than the oem mount with much better feel when aggressively up shifting and down shifting! If I had one complaint it would be that I wish it came with a bracket since you do have to remove and use the bracket off the oem mount where as the Boomba RMM came with its own bracket. Aside from that I'm absolutely loving it and the only time I can feel some harsh vibration is with A/C on at idle, but still not very noticeable. That being said I'll be putting up the Boomba RMM up for sale in the classifieds!

Too bad for that Boomba mount. I have their shifter and it’s awesome. As for the mounts, I had all three with the Powerflex street inserts. The only thing I didn’t like was too much bass noise in the 2500-3000rpm range while cruising. It was still there when I went back to a stock RMM. I’m not sure which upper mount was the cause, or if both. I’m planning on trying the VT out at some point.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Running a whoosh street spec. Really like it. During normal driving I notice zero nvh. I will say during the winter when I ran the car to keep the battery from dying (kept it stored for winter) i did notice an annoying what seemed like a rubbing vibration while it warmed up. Now that its out of storage and things are warming up dont feel any of that. I have been eyeballing Damond's RMM and their passenger side motor mount. Too bad they dont have a driver's side to wrap it all up. Maybe could just do a powerflex insert on the drivers side with the damond passenger side mount.