Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Road tripping a big turbo e50 fiesta

Ok so i just got a new motor put in my fiesta it has a big turbo arp studs 30% injectors hpfp. With all this I am making the trip from illinois to wyoming and am probalby not looking to run e50 all the way to wyoming so should I look into a flex fuel kit and anti foulers so I can get the car registered as it hasent been for a year. Let me know your thoughts or what you would do.

Unfortunately I think your just looking at getting a pump gas tune. Not sure that I know anyone running a stock ECU has made a work around to enable flex fuel. Does Illinois emission test? The O2 extension oughta get rid of catalyst performance codes, but if they do more than scan for trouble codes you could run into issues.

slopoke

Do you have a 91/93 octane tune for your current configuration? If not, I'd get one. Road trips can be a logistical nightmare when e85 is involved and depending where you are traveling to. Also, it were me and I had to switch to a 91/93 tune, I'd add some octane booster for added detonation protection.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I wouldn't even try. 91 octane tune would be your safest bet unless you're sure you can find 93. I am surprised you don't already have a non-ethanol tune if you daily the Fiesta.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Flex fuel tuning for this car is doable but it’s not great since the ECU doesn’t have an ethanol content sensor to compensate timing, etc. Doable, but not something I’d do without an aftermarket ECU that talks to an ethanol content sensor.

As others said - grab a 91/93 octane tune for road tripping.

On registration - it’s hard to say, not knowing the inspection process in Illinois if there is one. Here in NC, we just get an OBD scan. No visual inspection, so we can get by with just a defouler.

Multiple tunes feels pretty nice to me in practice. Have a Dizzy E30 tune with pops when I want something hectic, and the AdaptX tune for road trips, the occasional tank of 93 to break up the ethanol usage, etc.

OP
Paradice
Thread Starter #7
I wouldn't even try. 91 octane tune would be your safest bet unless you're sure you can find 93. I am surprised you don't already have a non-ethanol tune if you daily the Fiesta.
Thanks the goal is to daily the car maybe change out the radials on the front for some all seasons for the snow

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Will a tuning shop take care of that
also how do I figure out what my car should be tuned for at a elevation of 7165 without running lean or screwing my turbo up
How are you running a big turbo E50 fiesta without a tuner?