Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rolling Rear Fenders?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi all,

I thought that I'd use the nice weather to roll my fenders in preparation for some 6UL 17x8's. It looks like there's about a 1/4" to be found in the front, and in the back... nothing! The inside of the fender is already completely rolled over. When some of you say that you've rolled the rear fenders, do you actually mean pulling, reshaping the profile of the outside of the rear fender? If so, can you post some pictures? I'd love to re-work the fenders to fit some 17x9's, but I'm worried that the flat profile of the fenders will look strange with a radius added.

Thanks much and have a great 4th!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am running 15x9's, +35mm, it took all I could get out of the fenders and they are a bit funky looking to fit 225 tires under them and I cut and changed the rear camber to -1.9 for my handling preference at high speed on track. You would have to have something like +45mm offset to run 17x9 in the rear.

Of course if you are going to put on skinny tires, go for the big stretch, which personally I just do not understand why some do such things, you might be OK.

Fronts were easy, I fit 225 Hoosers which are closer to a 245 wide tire by rolling, pulling, loosening the fenders a bit...I could probably fit 15x10 and 245 tires up front, considering it actually.

Sorry no direct links but a picture or two of the rear setup is on the forum if you search, I have to get busy, got up early to beat the heat working on the car.

OP
J

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
Rick,

I was hoping for your input. The 17" 6UL's come in +45 so I won't have to go to the extents that you did in the rear, but I do remember you saying that you have to use spacers in the front, and I'll be 10mm further inboard that you are. I know that you're already on coil-overs so I'm a bit concerned there - I guess I'll have to spend some time under the car with a ruler...

Regarding rear camber, I'm not brave enough to cut my axel (I don't even have 1000 miles on the car yet!), but I am thinking about using 2? leaf spring wedges cut down so that I can place one on the rear seating face of the hub to axel knuckle to introduce some camber and one, flipped 180?, between the bolts and the back side of the knuckle to load the bolt heads properly.

Thanks and don't melt!