Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof rack that bolts on?

So, I was looking for a roof rack that bolts to the top of the roof (into the slot between the roof and the doors). I can't seem to find ANYTHING about installing it, except one video of a MK7 fiesta from the UK https://www.facebook.com/JamesSimpson.co.uk/posts/549399988463677

On this fiesta he says there are bolt holes under the strip that you can bolt a roof rack into, but it requres cutting the rubber strip and digging out paint (since they paint over the holes). But he does say the kit he received has trim to put back over the holes from when you remove it.

Has anyone found a roof rack that bolts to the roof, or are our cars different from the UK variety? Also right now the site I linked with the video is down, but hopefully it comes up so you can see what i'm talking about.

Here's a screen cap from his Facebook post, showing the roof racks and you can see there's nothing hanging over the edge grabbing on to the door frame:
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 11.46.43 AM.png

FocusMike

Yup that looks like the one, it says up to 3/2013 .... :( they must have changed the design and discontinued the bolt holes.
Maybe of the UK models had them and we didn't. I just don't know if I can chance cutting the strip myself to find out haha.