Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

roof racks

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
https://omacshop.com/products/smoot...t3el0TwPsRJiFfzFI4-U2SjLD5cWG1MxoCQSIQAvD_BwE

Anyone have this roof rack? I’m trying to get one that’s not crazy expensive. This one says it’s for an ST line but I assume that the body is the same.
So I purchased the racks linked above and installed them on my car today. They were completely lacking coherent instructions so I had to figure it out as I went. They are definitely cheap racks, that said once I figured out how to install them, they mounted pretty sturdily. I would recommend that anyone installing them wrap the metal brackets in electrical tape to prevent them from scratching and to help them grip. C21F16E6-07BE-4351-AEF6-95E9466AE3D2.jpeg

I used a Yakima track system cut it down so the curve wasn’t too much. Had to rivet a couple points because they lined up with crossbeams. I prefer the permanent mount, not the cheap option though

Attachments

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I purchased the racks linked above and installed them on my car today. They were completely lacking coherent instructions so I had to figure it out as I went. They are definitely cheap racks, that said once I figured out how to install them, they mounted pretty sturdily. I would recommend that anyone installing them wrap the metal brackets in electrical tape to prevent them from scratching and to help them grip. View attachment 55273
Two kayaks are too much weight for these racks lol. Mine started to come off. They work fine for one boat though