Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof Water Leak

I've got a 2016 Fiesta ST, had it for 2 and a half month and 3200 miles. Last week in the rain, I noticed the headliner right above my head was driipping wter. At First, I thought maybe my hat just rubbed it, as it was pouring outside. Came back to my car after work, and noticed it was still saturated, in a much bigger area, and water had dripped and soaked the bolster of my seat as well.

Today, in light rain, I am noticing the same issue. I plan to call the dealer and arrange for them to look at it, obviously, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. My car does have the sunroof.

open sunroof, stand on seats and check the drains.. make sure they are not clogged with debris from trees...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've got a 2016 Fiesta ST, had it for 2 and a half month and 3200 miles. Last week in the rain, I noticed the headliner right above my head was driipping wter. At First, I thought maybe my hat just rubbed it, as it was pouring outside. Came back to my car after work, and noticed it was still saturated, in a much bigger area, and water had dripped and soaked the bolster of my seat as well.

Today, in light rain, I am noticing the same issue. I plan to call the dealer and arrange for them to look at it, obviously, but I wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. My car does have the sunroof.
I've read somewhere that the door seals are not all aligned and water could be let it at the top near the driver shoulder. I also have a sunroof and way more miles than you with zero leaks, even one full winter. Chances are they will have to rip the headliner off to determine location of leak. If it is the sunroof I suspect you could see it yourself because of how it operates. Use tilt and feel the edge to make sure there is no cuts. Using the regular open you can see the front. and look around the opening to see if there is a water streak.

Good luck and keep us posted.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #4
It's definitely coming in more over the shoulder. I'll check the drains out when it quits raining.

Have also had issues with a leaking sunroof and wet headliner. It's poorly designed. My car only leaks when parked on an incline, nose-up. Leaks back around the driver-rear door and into the hatch area. Dealer couldn't find an issue. Drains were clear and connected. Idk. Honestly, I just think the rubber seal around the glass is 100% crap. When I have time I'm planning on making a video and showing it to the dealership. If I sit in the car and have someone shower water on the roof with a hose (lightly, as though it were raining), you can see water pouring into the gutters from the seal. Sunroofs leak to some degree, but not this much.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #6
^

Mine isn't that bad, and only on the front door, close to the a-pillar.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #7
Had the problem again two days ago when I went to my car in the morning after a night of rain, my seat was soaked. Took it to Ford yesterday, apparently the drain tub had came disconnected from the sunroof drain itself. Problem fixed, hopefully my headliner doesn't start sagging now.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #8
Poured rain last night, not a leak...glad it was a simple fix but hope it doesn't have any longer term effects on my headliner. And my seat is stained now, so need to get that cleaned up.

Poured rain last night, not a leak...glad it was a simple fix but hope it doesn't have any longer term effects on my headliner. And my seat is stained now, so need to get that cleaned up.
Glad you got it resolved. I'd pressure the dealership for the cleaning and possible headliner replacement as both were the result of manufacturing defects (it's not your fault the drain hose came loose). If anything, keep an eye on the headliner. The instant it starts to look warped or begins to de-laminate/stain, send it back to the dealer for replacement.

OP
92FOX
Thread Starter #10
Yeah for sure. When I take it in for the first oil change, I'll tell them I want the seat cleaned. Headliner looks good, don't think it will be an issue.