Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ROTA RECCE + Falkon RT660

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The wheel name is pronounced like, 'reckee', short for reconnaissance, or a low speed (at least it is supposed to be 'low speed' according to the rules LOL), pace note taking, pre-running of the stages on a performance rally event.

Just curious, unless your dad frequently travels to places where they are needed, WHY does he have winter tires on a Miami based car, at all?
(Or did you buy it used with those on the stockers already?)

NICE setup though (that is one of the widest tread width tires in a 215/40-17), but some have had center tread excessive wear/separation on those tires, but they were open tracking, and/or autocrossing them, so for street use, there may be no problems.

I would really get on the case of that installer, as there is NO EXCUSE for that gouging of brand new (or ANY) wheels.

I guess that's why my local tuner shop uses sloppy/extreme amounts of 'animal fat' as a bead lube, getting it all over the bead and wheel lip, even on their supposedly 'no touch' Hoffman/Corgi installation equipment.
(They claim it is to prevent the bead from tearing, especially for very stiff side wall 200 tread wear and under tires, like the Falkens have a 'rep' for having.)

Last edited:
OP
Kyle SVT
Thread Starter #3
The wheel name is pronounced like, 'reckee', short for reconnaissance, or a low speed, pace note taking, pre-running of the stages on a performance rally event.

Just curious, unless your dad frequently travels to places where they are needed, WHY does he have winter tires on a Miami based car, at all?
(Or did you buy it used with those on the stockers already?)

NICE setup though (that is one of the widest tread width tires in a 215/40-17), but some have had center tread excessive wear/separation on those tires, but they were open tracking, and/or autocrossing them, so for street use, there may be no problems.

I would really get on the case of that installer, as there is NO EXCUSE for that gouging of brand new (or ANY) wheels.

I guess that's why my local tuner shop uses sloppy/extreme amounts of 'animal fat' as a bead lube, getting it all over the bead and wheel lip, even on their supposedly 'no touch' Hoffman/Corgi installation equipment.
(They claim it is to prevent the bead from tearing, especially for very stiff side wall 200 tread wear and under tires, like the Falkens have a 'rep' for having.)
Thanks for the correct pronunciation of the wheels. I have no idea why my profile says miami. I am in WI lol So that is why the snow tires are needed. Yea I think for street use these tires will be fine. Wish Toyo had made a 215 40 17 in the r888 or r888r because I love them on my cobra.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OK, that makes sense, and it was the other possibility I was thinking of (wrong location in avatar).

I was considering the R888Rs as well, for a pure WARM/HOT weather only summer tire, since they ARE made in the size I wanted for my second set of Dekagrams (225/45-16), but they have a narrower tread width than the A052s I ended up with, albeit the Toyos are quite a bit less coin than the Yoks.

100 tread wear is kind of pushing it for street use, but then again I drove around on the street with Nitto 555Rs (the road race ones, when they still offered them, not the drag radials) on my '00 Z28 for a while.
But somehow, I just do not think that Nitto's 100 tread wear is quite as 'gumball' as Toyo's. [wink]

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thanks for the correct pronunciation of the wheels. I have no idea why my profile says miami. I am in WI lol So that is why the snow tires are needed. Yea I think for street use these tires will be fine. Wish Toyo had made a 215 40 17 in the r888 or r888r because I love them on my cobra.
Where in Wisconsin are you located? Im in the fox valley area.

OP
Kyle SVT
Thread Starter #6
OK, that makes sense, and it was the other possibility I was thinking of (wrong location in avatar).

I was considering the R888Rs as well, for a pure WARM/HOT weather only summer tire, since they ARE made in the size I wanted for my second set of Dekagrams (225/45-16), but they have a narrower tread width than the A052s I ended up with, albeit the Toyos are quite a bit less coin than the Yoks.

100 tread wear is kind of pushing it for street use, but then again I drove around on the street with Nitto 555Rs (the road race ones, when they still offered them, not the drag radials) on my '00 Z28 for a while.
But somehow, I just do not think that Nitto's 100 tread wear is quite as 'gumball' as Toyo's. [wink]
Yea the cobra comes out when its nice out so the tires are great then. I have had them for almost 4 years now and maybe 15k miles and they still are in great shape.

Where in Wisconsin are you located? Im in the fox valley area.
I'm in the Milwaukee area