Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotella T6?

SrsBsns

Is it just me, or is it impossible to find Rotella T6?

I've been running this in the FiST (and basically everything else) forever and would like to keep it that way. Anyone know where to find some?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is it just me, or is it impossible to find Rotella T6?

I've been running this in the FiST (and basically everything else) forever and would like to keep it that way. Anyone know where to find some?
Have you checked Autozone? They always had excess and could run a store locator for some if you need it.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

SteveS

1000 Post Club
O'Reilly has 0W-40 in stock in San Diego, but it says for the 5W-30 if you call they can have it for store pickup in 24-48 hours. Here in Missouri it's available at all the O'Reilly stores in our area.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am gonna take for granted that you've already checked every single Wally's in your area, and their online store as well, correct?

(Unless, like many others, you refuse to set foot in one of their establishments, or deal with them online. [dunno])

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #5
Have you checked Autozone? They always had excess and could run a store locator for some if you need it.

I checked Autozone and none of the stores in SD have it in stock. I checked O'Rileys, Walmart, Harbor Freight, and Pep Boys. I found it on Amazon but it's $28/qrt. The people at the stores that I've talked to said that T6 has been hard to get for like 4 months now.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #6
O'Reilly has 0W-40 in stock in San Diego, but it says for the 5W-30 if you call they can have it for store pickup in 24-48 hours. Here in Missouri it's available at all the O'Reilly stores in our area.
Which one? I called the one in North Park, the one on University and the one in Point Loma and they're all out.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I checked Autozone and none of the stores in SD have it in stock. I checked O'Rileys, Walmart, Harbor Freight, and Pep Boys. I found it on Amazon but it's $28/qrt. The people at the stores that I've talked to said that T6 has been hard to get for like 4 months now.
https://www.autozone.com/motor-oil-...zq-aANG4GeBgJDeqoBcaAgVpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I guess it depends on where you are....here in Mn it's readily available especially in 2.5 gallon jugs*

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
$28.00 A QUART?!?! [ohcrap]

That's as much as, if not more than Motul 300V, or any of the Millers Racing oils!! [crazyeye]

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I guess it also depends on how fast you want it.
It is available on both eBay and Amazon.
Personally, I don't care for what I believe it is made from.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Which one? I called the one in North Park, the one on University and the one in Point Loma and they're all out.
I was looking at oreillyauto.com and it said the same thing on every store in San Diego. The way it works around here is there are some things which are not stocked at the local stores, but they keep it at the district warehouse. If you order it online for store pickup, O'Reilly puts it on the delivery truck and it's delivered to the store overnight.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #11
I was looking at oreillyauto.com and it said the same thing on every store in San Diego. The way it works around here is there are some things which are not stocked at the local stores, but they keep it at the district warehouse. If you order it online for store pickup, O'Reilly puts it on the delivery truck and it's delivered to the store overnight.
Thanks! You would think that the guys that work at the store would know and recommend this... Super frustrating. Looks like this will work.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
tried Rotella T6 in my BMW years back wound up failing smog with it . Changed it out to an excellent Quaker State full synthetic and passed no problem. M3’s tend to be oil burners by nature it’s known fact among owners.:ROFLMAO:

Moral of the story is T6 was originally designed for diesels and burns dirty while providing only ok protraction.It was big in the BMW world for a minute I believe it’s heavy in Zinc. . I would not run it ever again.

The Quaker state is under the radar but high rated shear / stress and breakdown tested by a master engine builder. Who actually published his info on the net which has been linked to off this site before.

OP
SrsBsns

SrsBsns

Thread Starter #13
tried Rotella T6 in my BMW years back wound up failing smog with it . Changed it out to an excellent Quaker State full synthetic and passed no problem. M3’s tend to be oil burners by nature it’s known fact among owners.:ROFLMAO:

Moral of the story is T6 was originally designed for diesels and burns dirty while providing only ok protraction.It was big in the BMW world for a minute I believe it’s heavy in Zinc. . I would not run it ever again.

The Quaker state is under the radar but high rated shear / stress and breakdown tested by a master engine builder. Who actually published his info on the net which has been linked to off this site before.
Damn, never heard of failing smog because of oil. That's wild.

I've been running T6 in everything for a long time including the M3 before it overheated and it's always been good but I've never had the oil analyzed.

Do you have that link? I'd be interested in reading a little more.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I've been running T6 in everything for a long time including the M3 before it overheated and it's always been good but I've never had the oil analyzed.

Contact Blackstone Laboratories and request a sample bottle. Collect after the next oil change and get it analyzed to see how much of the additive package is left....what is in the oil to show wear and gas content.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

Here this guy went hard and deep into it . It’s a lot of reading but in the end Quaker State came out on top followed closely by a couple of other respected brands.
https://540ratblog.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/motor-oil-wear-test-ranking/

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Ratblog is well worth the read. QS Ultimate Durability used to be high on his test results list. The new Full Synthetic is off the charts.