Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotors and Pads input - Thinking Mountune (winmax) RS-R pads and Stoptech or Centric rotors

Looking for any feedback on the revised Mountune / Winmax yellow Street Front and Rear Brake Pads if anyone has them, dust/noise/performance compared to stock. The OEM pads are killing me with all the dust they make. I'll replace the rotors too at the same time and I was going to go with either the Stoptech Slotted Cryo rotors on Tire Rack or the Centric Plain Cryo Rotors. Not sure I need the slotted for street use really, any input?

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I would look at the Hawk 5.0 pads. I did an extensive matrix of all of the major brake pads based upon performance, dust levels, noise, compound, heat ranges, and price. The Hawk 5.0 pads came out on the top of the selection matrix so I gave them a shot. They are probably the best street/mild autocross pads I have ever used. Outstanding performance, price, and low dust. Not as low as ceramic, but far better performance and brake feel.

You don't need slotted for street use, but they do look good. You could see some improved wet braking performance since the water can be forced into the grooves and doesn't get under the pad. There may be some additional dusting with slotted rotors. I noticed that when I would run slotted rotors in the spring and regular rotors in the winter on my Focus. Stay away from cross drilled. For me, the factory replacement rotors are pretty good. I used factory replacement Brembo rotors on my Mustang and SVT Focus. Centric premium rotors on my 2011 Fiesta. Don't remember all of the different rotors on my Focus, but I do know the Brembo cross drilled ones cracked after a track session.

Be sure to flush the brake fluid, grease the guide pins, and bed in the pads/rotors. It is important to transfer pad material to the rotor face and heat the pads to help with the alignment of the molecular structure and bonding agents. Some pads come scorched for that reason, but still need bedding to transfer pad material.

I daily the RS-R pad with stoptech cryo/slotted rotors. The dust is no better than the stock pads, but outside of ceramic, thats just the way it is in my experience. They are good, initial bite can be a little grabby til they heat up, but they perform better than OEM in my limited experience really giving them hell on the street. I have a separate set of DTC-60s I use for the track.

I am also fed up with the dusting on the factory brakes. What do you guys think of EBC Redstuff ceramics?