Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

RP-X™-Equipped Fiesta Racer Continues ST-XR Championship Success

Chris Jones achieved his second batch of wins at Donington Park recently
Using EBC Brakes Racing’s RP-X™ motorsport brake pads for the latter half of the 2021 season helped Chris Jones to propel his Ford Fiesta ST150 to an outright victory in that year’s ST-XR Challenge championship, beating all faster classes in the process.
More recently, in the 2022 season, Jones found himself winning both races from the first round at Oulton Park.
Following a missed round, and a round completed in a lower-powered car, Jones was back for Derbyshire’s Donington Park leg of the season recently, where the gold trophies kept on coming.
Jones explains how the weekend unfolded in his own words below.

“After missing a round at Snetterton and doing the Anglesey round in my XR3i, I was back out at Donington Park last weekend in the Fiesta ST.
“After a hectic qualifying session, it ended up with the top eight cars separated by .450 of a second, with me finishing in fifth. Very hot weather and tricky track conditions had everyone in a mixed-up grid looking for ways to get their cars to handle.
“Race 1 and a cracking start saw me battling for second at the first corner and side-by-side down the Craner Curves saw me finally get through to second place. A few laps later, I made a late-braking manoeuvre into Redgate and through for the lead. After pulling away for a few laps, I was comfortable to the chequered flag for my third victory of the season.
“Race 2 saw me get a good start and run to the first corner – it was side-by-side again till the Old Hairpin. A good run onto the start/finish line and a late dive into Redgate saw me back in first again. I was head-down and trying to break away, but with track temps of 40°C+ and an air temp of 33°C, it was tyre conservation that was required. Thankfully, no extra effort was needed from the RP-X™ pads, as they hadn’t changed from the first lap of qualifying to the last lap of the race. Crossing the line just ahead of Chris Grimes means I’ve taken a double-double this year so far.”

Congratulations Chris and EBC. We started using the EBC 300mm kit and after a lot of failed brake setups, trying to keep brakes under us, the EBC kit is the best and our choice for the NASA championships. We had great success the RP-X pads too, but the SR11 we LOVE!