Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S280 questions

What else do i need for s280?
Current Mods:
step colder plugs
Cobb intake with mountune box
Injen 3 in catback
Quickspool 3in downpipe
Mishimoto hardpipes
Bravo alpha intercooler
Cpe rear motor mount
Velossatech big mouth

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
It does have an accesport, only other things i was thinking of was 30% injectors, i bought the s284 from dhminer and the airtec manifold as well

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
All you "need" is an accessport and the turbo itself. Your tuners will tune around any hardware limitations you have. Some people try to max out on bolt-ons before they upgrade the turbo, but it's not really mandatory.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Adam at tune+ says injectors without hpfp is fine, Jason at dizzy says not fine. I’d do both or neither personally. S280 is about perfect for the stock fuel system. You will be shocked how much faster the car is with the turbo and no additional fuel. Can always add fuel system upgrades later.

As for other mods, I’d say send it. As someone else said a crossover might help but definitely don’t need anything else.

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
Im just thinking i dont want to have pay more to get the thing retuned after plugs. Would rather do a 1 and done but at the same time id have to wait 2 months or so to get the injectors so i wasnt sure if itd be worth it

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Are you installing this yourself, or is a shop doing the work (IF so, which one?)?

Do Ivey Tune, or Precision Tuning work on Ford Ecoboost stuff at all?

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I'd consider saving the injector and pump money for an LSD depending on what you are going to use the car for.
I cannot echo this enough. LSD is definitely needed. I am going for LSD shortly as the S280 gives gobs of power even on pump gas tune and E30 tune just gets silly.. I mean you upgrade the injectors and fuel pump and your landing in 350-380 hp land officially. I personally find that just nuts for our cars. I showed Vdyno charts with 340 ft lbs of TQ and 310 Hp on E30 at 27lbs of boost!!

Ya LSD think wisely.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I cannot echo this enough. LSD is definitely needed. I am going for LSD shortly as the S280 gives gobs of power even on pump gas tune and E30 tune just gets silly.. I mean you upgrade the injectors and fuel pump and your landing in 350-380 hp land officially. I personally find that just nuts for our cars. I showed Vdyno charts with 340 ft lbs of TQ and 310 Hp on E30 at 27lbs of boost!!

Ya LSD think wisely.
I agree with this sooo much that a limited slip is requisite for me even before adding any major power beyond a tune, while still on the factory snail. [wink]

I agree with this sooo much that a limited slip is requisite for me even before adding any major power beyond a tune, while still on the factory snail. [wink]
I'm also on the factory turbo with an E30 tune, and because we still have warmer temps out here, I feel like I have plenty of traction in 2nd gear. I have a feeling once it cools off here, that my mind will change about needing an LSD. :LOL: I'd almost rather buy the entire gearbox with a Wavetrac LSD installed from Clarke Transmissions, swap that in and keep the original gearbox as a spare. I have a habit of accumulating parts for vehicles that I plan on keeping forever. [dunno]

OP
C
Thread Starter #17
Are you installing this yourself, or is a shop doing the work (IF so, which one?)?

Do Ivey Tune, or Precision Tuning work on Ford Ecoboost stuff at all?
im staying far away from ivey tune. My huddy had an evo rebuild there and it blew 2 times. I work at a car dealership and theres a mechanic there thats gonna install it

OP
C
Thread Starter #18
I personally think lsd will be unnecessary as im mainly just driving it for fun, and to suprise some people on the highway

PhoenixM3

Adam at tune+ says injectors without hpfp is fine, Jason at dizzy says not fine. I’d do both or neither personally. S280 is about perfect for the stock fuel system. You will be shocked how much faster the car is with the turbo and no additional fuel. Can always add fuel system upgrades later.

As for other mods, I’d say send it. As someone else said a crossover might help but definitely don’t need anything else.
^^^ This ^^^