Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Says it’s overheating but it isn’t

Hey everyone,
Having some trouble with my 2014 Fiesta ST. The other day we had it at the ford dealership looking at an issue with the blend door actuator but when we got the car back from them it popped up an engine light and went into limp mode. We went right back to Ford and they read the codes and analyzed the engine temperature and it wasn’t overheating and wasn’t low on coolant. However, the codes state that the car IS overheating so it just won’t get out of limp mode no matter how cool the engine is. They said it was likely a recall on the car. Well my Fiesta has been with Ford for a week now, they just let me know it’s not the recall part and apparently they have no idea and are trying to get ahold of someone who might know. So I’m hoping someone here will know more than my dealership does. The codes it’s giving are p0217, p1299, and u0131. It has 56,000 miles on it and was running perfectly before this. It wasn’t doing anything weird until that engine light came up and 30 seconds later went into limp mode. Really missing my Fiesta after a week without it and would love so feedback. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
Yes. The dealership finally just replaced the recall part which fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is giving the p1299 and the p26b7. Was it a solenoid issue, or thermostat one?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

This happened to me two weeks ago. I have p1299 and I believe it's the coolant sensor. I'm about to order part 7M5Z12A648B .

I already had my dealer fix the recalled part a few years ago...

This happened to me two weeks ago. I have p1299 and I believe it's the coolant sensor. I'm about to order part 7M5Z12A648B .

I already had my dealer fix the recalled part a few years ago...
Which part was recalled? My local dealer claimed there were never any recalls for this issue.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts