Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Scappoose Vernonia Hwy (Oregon)

I'd heard that this stretch of road was a good one and tried it out yesterday - it did not disappoint!

For me the best part was from Scaponia Park east to Chapman Rd, where the speed limit drops to 45. That section seemed ideally suited to my car and my driving style; good, grippy pavement, not many bumps, where I could stay in 3rd @ 4000-4500 rpm, using engine braking between turns, then having the fat part of the powerband for the twisties. It was also a great way to appreciate the benefits of the Quaife diff!

While doing several back-and-forths I had to sometimes pull over to gap a logging truck or a pokey car, but being there in the middle of the week meant there wasn't much traffic. Can't wait to return!

Yeah thats a fun road. My only issue is as you described, there are just enough cars/trucks to make you always concerned.

Another really great road is Hwy 47 from Clatskanie to Mist, the middle 15 miles is amazing, and very few cars.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Oh man, didn't realize or forgot you had an LSD, that's awesome! Now need a turbo upgrade to really enjoy! :)

My road is from River Road between Beaverton and Hillsboro and taking the roundabout to Newberg, tons of fun!

Lays

Oh man, didn't realize or forgot you had an LSD, that's awesome! Now need a turbo upgrade to really enjoy! :)

My road is from River Road between Beaverton and Hillsboro and taking the roundabout to Newberg, tons of fun!

I go that way sometimes too, maybe we have passed on 219? I take chehalem mtn from Newberg to Hillsboro everyday!