Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Scraping Metal Sounds When Turning

Hello all,

I've noticed that there are some metal scraping sounds when I'm turning. The sounds mostly come from front left wheel area and some from the front right.

How many of you have experienced this and what was the problem?

I'm going to be calling a local maintenance shop for a brake fluid flush and want to know what I should ask them to look at as well.

me too on the brake shields...also beware the cap to the master says dot 4, not the commonly used 3. i used 5.1 (not the 5.) to flush mine...

do bases nowadays still have a car hobby shop on them? if they do why not do it your self. we did in the 70s....USN

the duke

me too on the brake shields...also beware the cap to the master says dot 4, not the commonly used 3. i used 5.1 (not the 5.) to flush mine...

do bases nowadays still have a car hobby shop on them? if they do why not do it your self. we did in the 70s....USN
Do not mix 5.x and 4.x. At all.

the duke

Why?
I only use Dot 4, just curious
Different composition. DOT 3 and 4 are glycol based, DOT 5 is Silicone based.

DOT 3 and 4 can be mixed (DOT 4 generally being superior) and DOT 5.1 (A reformulation of DOT 5) can be used, but there's no need. Any quality high performance DOT 4 can take whatever abuse you can throw at it.