Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sct x4 tune fail

Just got my SCT x 4 in the mail and rushed to get it installed with the pre loaded tune. Update worked as expected and tune downloaded with no issues.
When I went to take the car for a spin, it hardly moved at all. There was almost no throttle response. Luckily I was able to change back to stock but even after the second attempt at installing the same tune I got the same result. Any advise out there ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah RETURN THAT SHIT.....Then proceed to Stratified Tuning....Cobb Tuning ....Dizzytuning or in fact any Fiesta ST aftermarket parts vendor and Buy an Cobb access port v3/ AP3. Its what id do and a majority of others have done.

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Are the pre loaded tunes all the same from the manufacturer or do they vary depending on the vendor selling the tuner?
Very new to this.

OP
T
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I will return it ASAP and get a COBB. Since I’m looking, who would be the best vendor to get one from? Does it matter or are all Access ports shipped with the same pre Installed tune?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have tunes By multiple vendors such as Stratifed Tuning....Dizzytuning and Cp-e andTune+. All of which are great tuners. Some do Flash tunes others don't. But as for you...I imagine your running the Stock snail/ Turbo. If that's the case You cant go wrong with Stratified or Dizzy tuning. If you do start small and get a 91 oct. and 93 oct tune and run those for a while. Then when your ready get an E30 tune by either tuner both are great. There are plenty of other options also offered such as flatfoot shifting.....Snap crackle and pop exhaust burbles....Map scrolling through the cruise control so you don't have to keep -reflashing each choice. Its as simple as navigating it through the RPM cluster and cruise control switch. Good luck and enjoy!

Spork1569

Thanks for the feedback. I will return it ASAP and get a COBB. Since I’m looking, who would be the best vendor to get one from? Does it matter or are all Access ports shipped with the same pre Installed tune?
If buying new it may be worth to buy from a vendor like stratified, so you can get a good tune from them included