Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seat angle spacers

Howdy all,
Just wondering......Has anyone looked into\tried adding spacers to the rear mounting bolts on the Recaros to level out the extreme seat angle that is standard???

Thanks!!!

What kind of body dimensions do you have?

For me, everything is fine but I like to tilt the seat back one click forward for a more upright position and shorter reach to the controls. I'm an average height male with proportionally short legs and long torso.

It was fairly easy for me to find the optimum position, I just adjusted the seat for clutch pedal reach and then it felt like the steering wheel and shifter required too much reach, one click forward and everything fit.

If anything, I would try to lower the seat because that position has my head pretty close to the roof, something like 3/4-1" lower would be ideal.

I've used nylon spacers/washers from my local hardware store and it worked fine. They're about a 1/4" thick and the OE bolts work fine with them. Ironically, I was using for the opposite purpose (shimming/angling up my base model seats).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have modded many seats and always to add more lift to the front for more grip when on the brakes, etc....but I also like my seats to be as low as possible at the same time.

Depending on your body type of course this can also reduce the weight on the tailbone as more if spread across the legs making for long drives being much more comfortable.

I have had to open up seats on some vehicles to remove some foam from that area and it helps me a great deal.

----

As long as you have enough thread engagement you can move them to your liking, front, rear, etc....:)

For aftermarket seats I usually end up making my own mounts to be lower, angle better, lower weight, etc....

OP
Tpetro33
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for your input......I'm 6 feet 195lbs, Maybe you would say long legs....the "uphill" tilt bothers my legs after some time. I'll post if\when I try to add the spacers..

[like]

I made some spacers out of 1.5" diameter solid round nylon that I had at work. Drilled a center hole and used longer bolts, much better. I couldn't stand driving it before with short legs. I tried a few different thicknesses and settled on 3/4" if I remember correctly.

You don't mention which seats you have, and I don't know about US standard seats, but my standard Recaros have a combination height/angle adjustment.