Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seats

DoomsdayMelody

Ok, so I have non-recaro ST seats in my car, and I want to replace them. My bony ass and thighs has been digging into some sort of framework in my seat cushion, it’s become pretty uncomfortable, so I’m looking for a way to fix this. The easy answer would be recaros, butI think used recaros are a bit too rich for my blood. So I’m looking at 2 options:

1) I was wondering if anyone here knows if the base seats in the Fiesta ST are any different from the seats in the standard fiesta? I have my eyes on a seat of leather seats out of a Fiesta Titanium. I’m just looking for a more comfortable seat, so if the titanium seats don’t offer more padding this isn’t an option I’d want to consider.

2) I could get a set of non-recaro Focus ST seats for relatively cheap. I understand I’d have to retrofit the airbags out of my seat into the Focus seat, and that is a can of worms I’d feel comfortable tackling, but I really don’t want to have a light on on my dash and I really want my safety systems fully functional, hence my interest in the titanium seats.

Any info would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
2) I could get a set of non-recaro Focus ST seats for relatively cheap. I understand I’d have to retrofit the airbags out of my seat into the Focus seat, and that is a can of worms I’d feel comfortable tackling, but I really don’t want to have a light on on my dash and I really want my safety systems fully functional, hence my interest in the titanium seats.
I'd be very careful thinking that airbags that were designed to work in a Focus are as effective or even safe in a Fiesta. My guess, and it's just that, is that the airbags from a Focus seat are specifically designed to expand into a known volume to protect the driver/passenger. That volume may be completely different in a Fiesta and you might end up with an airbag violently pushing your head and shoulders out of the area that it thinks it should be in. Activated air bags are no joke. Installing Fiesta airbags in a different seat might be an even worse idea.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #3
I'd be very careful thinking that airbags that were designed to work in a Focus are as effective or even safe in a Fiesta. My guess, and it's just that, is that the airbags from a Focus seat are specifically designed to expand into a known volume to protect the driver/passenger. That volume may be completely different in a Fiesta and you might end up with an airbag violently pushing your head and shoulders out of the area that it thinks it should be in. Activated air bags are no joke. Installing Fiesta airbags in a different seat might be an even worse idea.
Maybe I could just swap the butt cushion? AFAIK there’s no airbag there and that is the brunt of my complaint about my current seat.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You could tey the Fiesta titamium seats not sure if they are just leather on top of stock seat cushions or a whole other seat with a little more bolstering. if you search you can find a set of FoST Recaros for around $600-700 at yards. People on here have swapped the stock Fiesta airbag into the FoST airbag receptible, It actually fits perfectly. You could then plug it in and have a fully operational airbag setup. I looked into all of this before buying my car. Ya I bought one with Recaros, no regrets I love them.

You might even luck out amd find a set of FiST Recaros for $600 if your patient.

OP
DoomsdayMelody

DoomsdayMelody

Thread Starter #5
You might even luck out amd find a set of FiST Recaros for $600 if your patient.
Ugh, every time I see them as a set they want $1k+