Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seeking advice on power upgrades - wastegate and or BOV?

Stinktoast

I have a 2017 st.

Bought most upgrades from mountune. Mr230 plus mr280 upgraded turbo, symposer delete, improved engine mount, exhaust hangars, quaife diff, a few other things. Scheduled install is in about a month.

The only things i did not buy seem to be an upgraded wastegate and BOV. Do i want those things? Would rather not have the sound of the BOV.

Use is as daily driver, plus so e occasional fun on twisty mountain roads.

Thanks for any advice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So you if bought an mrx Turbo? You will need an BOV as the BPV from the stock turbo will not be compatible. The upgraded actuator is a great addition. I have a TIAL BOV...its nice... NO shrieking like but more of a psssshh. I Run a GTX2860r Gen which is a very similar turbo if you did get the MRX. MRX330 a member here has the whole Kitten caboodle...I mean literally...Mountune rotating assembly...cams...Aux fuel...mrx Turbo...etc. He may chime in....So be patient.

Get the Mountune upgraded wastegate actuator and the Turbo Smart bov they recommend. It sounds and works great. You’ll want to get the MRX fastener kit. Some fasteners will have to be modified to fit. You or your installer could try to source these. For 150 bucks it’s overpriced but you’re paying for convenience. Look at my build thread in the forum: MRX short block aux fuel 👍

OP
S

Stinktoast

Thread Starter #4
Thanks very much folks. I did get the mrx fastener kit, somehow it seemed like a good idea. I did not get the BOV and wastegate because this is my first turbo (had an altima se-r previously) and i really did not understand their functions. Will check out the build thread. Off to spend more money!