Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Service interval for s280

Hey people
How long do you recommend between oil and plugs service on a 300whp st mk7 and anything else service related
driven on the roads pretty hard
After being fully warm obviously
Thank you

5k miles with good synthetic. Your s280 is more durable and lives a much nicer life than a tuned stock turbo or hybrid. It's has a more durable shaft and bearing system too. It doesn't need any special attention with clean oil at proper pressure range. Spark plugs depends on what you run and how you drive them. 1 step Colder ngk should last pretty well if you're putting them in self clean(wot) regularly. I would just check them and their gap for condition rather than replace at a certain mileage. But by 40 or 50k miles, I'd be replacing. If you're not regulary going wot, colder plugs can foul a lot quicker. If your starts get unusually long it's probably time to replace. If you start misfiring and the gaps haven't changed, it's definitely time to replace as a first step.

Stock plugs, again I'd check them and replace according to condition, starting time. At 50k, I'd replace regardless.

When tuning, it's always a good idea to throw a fresh set of properly gappedplugs in just to eliminate that possible issue right away. It's a little less important with custom etuning. But you don't want to be the clown replacing his old ass plugs on a Dyno.

Brisks and other snake oil plugs don't seem to last as long....

My s280 has about 45k miles on it now. Driveline was out of car 2 weeks ago to get a torsen and custom built clutch. The s280 is like new.

Last edited: