Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Set the Fastest Stock Turbo time to date

Even having issues with 4th gear we put down a good time.

More or less just made this video for myself and friends so if you want you can fast forward to 2:20 if you just wanna see the run.
[video=youtube;AG6sivSPXYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG6sivSPXYM[/video]

Pete

This is a San Diego local member :) I don't know about the slicks he used but he is running a dhm intercooler crashbar combo, 2j intake, DHM custom tune and stock piping with a spintec muffler. Rear seats, spare, and tools are removed all panels are still in place. He was showing 28+ psi for max boost with his tune on the stock turbo.

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
Here's the whole low down...Shouldnt be giving all you guys my tricks lol! But if it hadnt been 80degrees out and my PCM wasnt acting up I think I could of hit 12.9....Till next time!
DHM E40 protune
DHM Race Intercooler Kit
100% stock turbo
Stock DP
2jr Cowl Intake
stock piping exhaust with res delete and spintech prostreet 6000 muffler
M&H Racemasters 23x7.5 15
Boomba OCC
no back seats(left the passenger one in)

1) You can barely make out the numbers

2) The still only shows to 1,000 ft

3) I will assume it's a 13 something run at around 100 mph.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener
Thanks...

To the OP -

Some suggestions:

1) There is no fear of launching too high. I can't tell because the camera is too far from the car; if the car bogs, then you can launch at a much higher RPM. One problem I have Cobb tuning is that if you the software to edit 2 Step that has since been removed from their website; that means you must contact your tuner in order to get a higher launch RPM.

2) Traction at Famoso is very good when prepped well. On the same slicks, my SRT-4 easily did mid 1.7's, the best being 17.3 60 foot. Your not that far from a 12 second ET; are you flat shifting?

A higher launch RPM + dropping the air pressure in the slicks until the car nearly dead hooks and flat shifting should get you a 12. I think my slicks were around 15 psi cold to get 1.7's

3) Find an air pressure that works. Don't let too much air out; a pound or less with each pass until you find what works. I suggest getting a log book from Summit Racing to keep track.

Oh M&H's work best with a nice 2nd gear burnout.

OP
S
Thread Starter #14
Thanks...

To the OP -

Some suggestions:

1) There is no fear of launching too high. I can't tell because the camera is too far from the car; if the car bogs, then you can launch at a much higher RPM. One problem I have Cobb tuning is that if you the software to edit 2 Step that has since been removed from their website; that means you must contact your tuner in order to get a higher launch RPM.

2) Traction at Famoso is very good when prepped well. On the same slicks, my SRT-4 easily did mid 1.7's, the best being 17.3 60 foot. Your not that far from a 12 second ET; are you flat shifting?

A higher launch RPM + dropping the air pressure in the slicks until the car nearly dead hooks and flat shifting should get you a 12. I think my slicks were around 15 psi cold to get 1.7's

3) Find an air pressure that works. Don't let too much air out; a pound or less with each pass until you find what works. I suggest getting a log book from Summit Racing to keep track.

Oh M&H's work best with a nice 2nd gear burnout.
bascially what you just said is what I've been working on. I was hitting a torque limit on the PCM that wouldn't allow me to FFS into 4th but I FFS all 3 gears that I could. I also have my slots setups in the tune with diffrent LC's so I have diffrent RPM slots for fuel cut launching and adjustment. Throwing a kit on the car is actually the next step. Just been a bad Finacial year for me so I'm limited ATM. I started the slicks at 16psi and worked my way down 2psi after every test pass until I hit 11psi-12psi and that seemed to be the money shot.. 10 was a little to low. When I go back next time I have a couple more things in mind. I think a 12 would of been possible if temps had gone down a little and I wasn't having that 4th issue

13.3 very good for a stage 2 setup . Must been one hell of a launch and driver mod of course
You don't need to be a special driver with slicks, way more leeway.

Rev it up as high as you dare about 15 lbs in the slicks and mash on the last yellow. You would have never experience the push back in your seat in your Fiesta ST before if you've never experience the high traction levels slicks provide.

No more chirping tires (losing time), car is always in the power band (losing time when it has to work it's way up from say 2,500 rpm) and as long as it's not too low good trap speeds, but it's worth giving up .5/1 mph to get a much better ET.

I will try the 2nd gear burnout next time though
Trust me it makes a difference, M&H's like to be nice and hot. I started doing 2nd gear burnouts and I dropped a tenth off my 60 ft times.

To run a 12, it's possible with an 8.4 1/8th mile but the majority of my 12 second passes happen with a 8.1-.8.2 1/8th mile time.

It's a game of improving increments and people say there's no challenge to drag racing.

Not being able to flat shift 4th is a concern, interesting the PCM would prevent that.

Here's the whole low down...Shouldnt be giving all you guys my tricks lol! But if it hadnt been 80degrees out and my PCM wasnt acting up I think I could of hit 12.9....Till next time!
DHM E40 protune
DHM Race Intercooler Kit
100% stock turbo
Stock DP
2jr Cowl Intake
stock piping exhaust with res delete and spintech prostreet 6000 muffler
M&H Racemasters 23x7.5 15
Boomba OCC
no back seats(left the passenger one in)
Man a Down pipe would make a HUGE difference!

Part of me still wants to get a Fiesta ST as it's the do everything well car and it's affordable. But with my interest in driving the car across the country for various events, the Focus ST is a better highway cruiser, still miffed I have to go ST2 just to get Sirius/XM though.

Everything applies here to the Focus ST anyway just takes a little less to get the performance out of the Fiesta because it's lighter.

15" slicks are much cheaper too.

Considering the car does everything well, every Fiesta ST owner should have a set of slicks in their arsenal, you can easily embarrass cars the next two levels up with bolt-ons + tune.