Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Share your thoughts on a Fiesta ST Brake Master Cylinder Brace by Mishimoto!

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

Would you like to see Mishimoto develop a Brake Master Cylinder Brace for the Fiesta ST?

• Absolutely! Why is this not already on my car!?

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Not on this Fiesta!

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • meh. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

mishimoto1

When it comes to the Fiesta ST we want to create the most well rounded offering of parts that we can. We are loving the feedback that we have received so far from the community in response to our R&D efforts and we want to keep it going!

With that said its poll time! We are considering offering some type of brake master cylinder brace for the Fiesta ST. We are aware that many of you have already begun to track these little monsters and we want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of the Fiesta ST as possible. As seen in some other applications, brake master cylinder braces can reduce flex where the brake master meets with the firewall making braking more responsive. These are available for other applications and users have seen improvements in the firmness of the brake pedal especially under heavy braking.

The jury is still out on this here, so let us know what you think! Would you like to see Mishimoto develop a Brake Master Cylinder Brace for the Fiesta ST?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I think everyone in this forum would opt out simply due to the install being pretty rough. Its a great idea. I actually had never heard of such a thing before, but sounds cool :)

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #6
If it isn't as bad as the FR-S, then it's not that big of an issue.
No.

You would WIN faster with R&D on a skid plate.
I think everyone in this forum would opt out simply due to the install being pretty rough. Its a great idea. I actually had never heard of such a thing before, but sounds cool :)
This. Lightweight skid plate.
Thank you for your feedback! I will make sure to pass along you suggestions for a skid plate, sounds like it would be a winner. We really appreciate your honesty on the master cylinder brace!
Thanks for sharing!
-Sara

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #8

meFiSTo

I don't think I track my car enough for this to be meaningful and I don't don't see my car ever going off road or being in the kind of winter situation needing a skid plate, BUT: I would love to see a functional splitter (goes back past the radiator support and attaches there and to a lip under the nose). However, I think I mentioned this before and it was not in your wheelhouse, so you were not interested.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #11
Especially if a rear underplate was in consideration!
I don't think I track my car enough for this to be meaningful and I don't don't see my car ever going off road or being in the kind of winter situation needing a skid plate, BUT: I would love to see a functional splitter (goes back past the radiator support and attaches there and to a lip under the nose). However, I think I mentioned this before and it was not in your wheelhouse, so you were not interested.
Thanks for the feedback! We have quite a unique wheelhouse in that we are constantly thinking of ways to bring you new products. We started as a radiator company and now we bring you all sorts of cooling goodies in addition to intakes and exhausts, so you never know what we have up our sleeves! [wrenchin] We do take all of your suggestions and feedback into consideration and thank you for assisting in the R&D process!
-Sara

Is there anyway you can post the final results of your Intercooler R&D on that thread, I think you guys said you were going to test the final product 3 months ago, and post some results.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
A REMOTE (easily accessible from the top engine compartment) clutch line speed bleeder, IF even possible on this car, would be great!!

I do have a skid plate and it is a good thing to have to help protect from road hazards. If you are going down this path it can impede using some type of braces. Something to consider.

Should you be interested what I have is:
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/4098-Skid-Plate-for-Fiesta-ST-North-America
How about making their own braces, with tapped holes their skid plate could thread into? Kill two birds with one stone, and it'd be easy to pop off for maintenance. I'd happily pay for a set up like that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Have any of these braces ever been PROVEN to actually help at all (and yes, I know this would be very hard to quantify, even with a very accurate & sensitive strain gauge/CAD modeling/etc.), to justify the weight they add??

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there anyway you can post the final results of your Intercooler R&D on that thread, I think you guys said you were going to test the final product 3 months ago, and post some results.
^^ This. And a skid plate with a holes to drain and remove the filter

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I know these are extremely effective on the Miatas due to their thin and soft metal on the firewall. If it would benefit this car I'd love to have one.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #18
Thanks for the feedback guys! We will certainly look into your suggestions!

-Sara

BronxBomber

1000 Post Club
I would love a functional rear spoiler that actually looked good and added downforce. I know this is not in Mishimoto's wheelhouse as it is an aero mod, but thought I'd mention it nonetheless. As for the master cylinder brace, I had one on my Subaru, and it definitely helped. The FiST doesn't have the squishy brake pedal of the Subaru though, so I don't think it's necessary.

OP
M

mishimoto1

Thread Starter #20
I would love a functional rear spoiler that actually looked good and added downforce. I know this is not in Mishimoto's wheelhouse as it is an aero mod, but thought I'd mention it nonetheless. As for the master cylinder brace, I had one on my Subaru, and it definitely helped. The FiST doesn't have the squishy brake pedal of the Subaru though, so I don't think it's necessary.
Thanks for the feedback!

-Sara