Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shifter setups

So I just got a coolerworks short shifter, as much of a pita as it was to install I love it. The car did have the fswerks short shift plate which was nice but...the coolerworks deff changes the experience a bit. My curiosity got the best of me and I'm wondering what shifter setups do y'all run?

I run whoosh's full kit. Love it completely changes the driver experience

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

In order of modification, Whoosh Shifter Base Bushings; changed transmission fluid to Ravenol MTF-2; Whoosh Shift Reducer; Billetworkz Weighted knob. I spaced out the install to get a better idea of how everything changed pre-post, and grab some general thoughts.

Shifter Base Bushings: clicking into the shift "gate" felt more mechanical than stock, a minor part but a noticeable difference.

Ravenol MTF-2: some smoother shifting, most noticeable on downshifts. I did it more for peace of mind after hearing horror stories about the factory oil. Noteworthy, the first few shifts are a little sluggish on cold mornings (30° F) until the oil warms up.

Shift Reducer: biggest change for money spent, and allows throw reduction by 15% or 25%. On 15% the shift throw has some of the slack taken out and feels a little crisper, also adds some additional noise as you move in and out of gears. I tried 25% while still using the stock knob, but I felt like I didn't get enough leverage with the reduced throw and had to muscle it too much.

Weighted Knob: more for aesthetics, but the added mass allowed me to go to a 25% throw reduction extremely comfortably.

With everything together, the shifting is short, crisp, and feels very responsive, the best I've used outside of a honda. $210 well spent for a huge improvement.