Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sideways Hero Achievement Unlocked

So I had Goodyear Eagle F1 6's all round (great tyre, great feel/grip, nice progressive breakaway) when I got a puncture on the offside rear that was unrepairable. As I'm currently unemployed and needed tyres in a hurry that day, I decided to go for the smelliest, cheapest (yet new) tyres I could find. The local tyre emporium had a pair of Chinese crap in 205/40/17 ready to go so I stumped up the cash for them. I can't even tell you what they're called, but I can confirm that they massively exaggerate the FiST's propensity to liftoff oversteer in dramatic fashion! Even slow speed roundaboats are now an opportunity to demonstrate your Ken Block skills to legions of adoring policemen.

They haven't shocked me, always let go when provoked (albeit mildly provoked..). The FiSt has an extraordinary chassis balance and these tyres really highlight that through their crappiness.

Anyway, there you have it - an entirely predictable result I guess!

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
So I had Goodyear Eagle F1 6's all round (great tyre, great feel/grip, nice progressive breakaway) when I got a puncture on the offside rear that was unrepairable. As I'm currently unemployed and needed tyres in a hurry that day, I decided to go for the smelliest, cheapest (yet new) tyres I could find. The local tyre emporium had a pair of Chinese crap in 205/40/17 ready to go so I stumped up the cash for them. I can't even tell you what they're called, but I can confirm that they massively exaggerate the FiST's propensity to liftoff oversteer in dramatic fashion! Even slow speed roundaboats are now an opportunity to demonstrate your Ken Block skills to legions of adoring policemen.

They haven't shocked me, always let go when provoked (albeit mildly provoked..). The FiSt has an extraordinary chassis balance and these tyres really highlight that through their crappiness.

Anyway, there you have it - an entirely predictable result I guess!
That reminds me of reading that an earlier version of the Toyota GR86 came with really crappy Prius tires for the express purpose of doing what you are describing, being able to easily slide.

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
That reminds me of reading that an earlier version of the Toyota GR86 came with really crappy Prius tires for the express purpose of doing what you are describing, being able to easily slide.
Michelin Primacy tyres I think they were, real economy low rolling resistance jobbies. I reckon the FiST with these awful tyres on the rear might just be even more tail happy, even with the Toyota's 200bhp and RWD!

All hail the mighty Fiesta.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Michelin Primacy tyres I think they were, real economy low rolling resistance jobbies. I reckon the FiST with these awful tyres on the rear might just be even more tail happy, even with the Toyota's 200bhp and RWD!

All hail the mighty Fiesta.
I will now have to consider broadening my tire choices and getting the crappiest tires I can find next time I replace them. :cool:

OP
B
Thread Starter #5
I will now have to consider broadening my tire choices and getting the crappiest tires I can find next time I replace them. :cool:
The chassis is so remarkably balanced it's never scary, always controllable. Be prepared for sideways action at like 15mph if provoked!