Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Significantly reduced gas milage on 2015

Young L

So yesterday I took the car to the HockenhiemRing here in Germany for its first track day. Roughly 1800miles on it by the time I get there, anyway when I get to leave and fill it up for the drive home the computer says its only got 280miles till empty. Im wondering what gives right?!? Ive kinda noticed over the past few weeks that number going down. The first 1000miles I was getting a reading of 320miles till empty. Aside from yesterdays shenanigans and the couple of spirited drives I dont "get on" the car.

Mine moves around, When i first got my 2015 it said like 350+ till empty, now every time i fill up its more like 290. Must just learn how you drive and remember the AVG even if you reset the AVG MPG.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
What does your AVG tell you? Have you actively logged your mileage to calculate AVG by hand over a few tanks... I'm betting you need to check your tire pressure.

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #4
What does your AVG tell you? Have you actively logged your mileage to calculate AVG by hand over a few tanks... I'm betting you need to check your tire pressure.
I reset them everytime I fill up, been gettin mid 20's mpg i live about 20 -30 mins from work. I havent messed with the tire pressure at allm i figure if it was low the TPMS would be set off

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
There's a percentage threshold on the TPMS system. I think it's 3-5% below so it could be low which can affect your mileage. For better mileage air up 2 psi over the recommend pressure.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The MTE numbers are a calculation based off current usage, fuel remaining, and previous tanks. Chances are that the computer is computing the MTE thinking you're going to drive hard. After some normal miles you should start seeing your MTE rise back to normal.

Part of the mileage decrease can also possibly be chocked-up to winter-blend fuels as well.

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #8
The MTE numbers are a calculation based off current usage, fuel remaining, and previous tanks. Chances are that the computer is computing the MTE thinking you're going to drive hard. After some normal miles you should start seeing your MTE rise back to normal.

Part of the mileage decrease can also possibly be chocked-up to winter-blend fuels as well.
Yea ima just keep an eye on it, my biggest worry was that I was thinking that I got on the car to hard to soon and may have jacked it up. Not sure if they do a winter blend fuel here in Germany

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
The computer calculates miles to empty on past average fuel economy. So if you just went to the track your AFE will be lower and hence on refill show less miles to empty. It's just simple math people. When I got my 2015 FiST it showed over 400 miles to empty. We will see what happens after my first refill...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So yesterday I took the car to the HockenhiemRing here in Germany for its first track day. Roughly 1800miles on it by the time I get there, anyway when I get to leave and fill it up for the drive home the computer says its only got 280miles till empty. Im wondering what gives right?!? Ive kinda noticed over the past few weeks that number going down. The first 1000miles I was getting a reading of 320miles till empty. Aside from yesterdays shenanigans and the couple of spirited drives I dont "get on" the car.
I am very jealous of the fact that you are able to take your car to the HockenFREAKINGhiemring! [thumb]

OP
Young L

Young L

Thread Starter #11
The computer calculates miles to empty on past average fuel economy. So if you just went to the track your AFE will be lower and hence on refill p show less miles to empty. It's just simple math people. When I got my 2015 FiST it showed over 400 miles to empty. We will see what happens after my first refill...
Yea after I had filled up it has gone back up after I had gone back to driving normal. This is my first new car so I just worried.

I am very jealous of the fact that you are able to take your car to the HockenFREAKINGhiemring! [thumb]
Dude it was a blast, tho it took way to long to get on the grid and 80 some cars on the track made for a few pucker up moments like when I almost swapped paint with a mini. Im lookin forward to hittin up the Ring in the spring to really work the car out. Met a couple of Euro Fist and Fost owners also it was cool to see the differences in our cars.