Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Single Resonator Delete Injen 3” CBE

xxiaze

Has anyone removed one of the 2 resonators from the 3” injen cat back exhaust? Curious as to the tone and volume increase. I love the “sound” of the exhaust but am looking for a little more volume and a little more turbo whistle/burble.

My setup is currently stock DP and will soon have a 3” catless DP installed. That may solve my desires right there... so likely will just start with that and change/adapt afterwards. Although, my question still stands if any of you have an experience with modifying the injen CBE setup.

wetwea33

Has anyone removed one of the 2 resonators from the 3” injen cat back exhaust? Curious as to the tone and volume increase. I love the “sound” of the exhaust but am looking for a little more volume and a little more turbo whistle/burble.

My setup is currently stock DP and will soon have a 3” catless DP installed. That may solve my desires right there... so likely will just start with that and change/adapt afterwards. Although, my question still stands if any of you have an experience with modifying the injen CBE setup.
Ur exhaust will get much louder going catless. Keep the resonators or it will drone horribly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #3
Ur exhaust will get much louder going catless. Keep the resonators or it will drone horribly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
For sure, I was def going to keep until that point. It already does drone, but I don’t mind drone by any means. It’s like music to my ears... kinda deaf as it is lol... construction worker life. Good to know the note will change significantly with the cat delete though. I heard mixed things on that. Some say it doesn’t change much others say it’s intense... I would think logically the sound would have to change... you’re removing the reduction restriction at bottom of cat and adding 1/2” of ID + removing car dampening.... it has to change!

Se7eN

Man if you're going really big turbo just wait until you install and the DP as well. I ran stock turbo for a while and the car was waaaay more silent. Changed the turbo back and it's mega loud in comparison.

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #5
Man if you're going really big turbo just wait until you install and the DP as well. I ran stock turbo for a while and the car was waaaay more silent. Changed the turbo back and it's mega loud in comparison.
Excellent! Well, sounds like the answer is wait for the g25 and catless to go on. Can do, will do! Thanks man.