Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sirius antenna

I’m removing the ugly black box from my roof. I do not listen to the radio nor Sirius for a long time. Just a heads up, the Sirius antenna transmits your location even if your subscription has run out.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Just a heads up, the Sirius antenna transmits your location even if your subscription has run out.
So what, if you have a cell phone, they know where you are anyway.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #6
Ford can see your car. Miss some payments and the repo man knows where it is. Collecting data? Who knows but the antenna looks terrible anyway. Bye bye

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can replace it with a fin antenna.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
A mobile phone can broadcast via data or wifi connections. How does a radio receiver perform that action?
DEss
As stated, it works like your phone or like LoJack.
The Sirius radio does transmit location info. even if not activated.
This info. could be used for stolen car location however you would need the radio serial number and Sirius would have to track it.

You can look it up on the infoweb.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #14
For now a plug with some sealant like the license plate plugs. I have some scratches on the roof so eventually I’ll have someone fix all that and the hole

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #17
You have to take off the dome light and pull down the headliner to get at it

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Its a square hole. Had mine off a couple times. Does your car have nav?if so id willingly take your active antenna. Still trying to fix my nav. Lol.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Dang... Oh well. To unplug it youre going to have to pull the rear c pillar trims, back door mouldings across the top ( rubber ones) and drop the rear section headliner carefully so you dont kink it.