Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sketchy Exhaust manifold, or good deal?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/BPRACING-St...843406?hash=item41f1c12d8e:g:S-0AAOSwl9BWKL8K

I am wondering about this here, has anyone seen this add from this company before?

Seems cheaper than other brands.
It's coming from China, which always makes me a little weary. For little stuff that's not too bad, but something like that I would get from somewhere else personally. I don't really know about the product too much, so sorry I couldn't be of more help.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are a couple members who have or had a FiSTs and used the BP racing manifold.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #5
It's coming from China, which always makes me a little weary. For little stuff that's not too bad, but something like that I would get from somewhere else personally. I don't really know about the product too much, so sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Yeah, for a ported exhaust up here in Canada, the cost would be in the same range as this.
But like you said ... China

OP
mk_not_a_robot
Thread Starter #6
There are a couple members who have or had a FiSTs and used the BP racing manifold.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Issues?

I did read a few other threads that these things might impact the cars tune? Is this due to quicker spool up, resulting in more boost earlier??

I does not know these thingies!?

I literally just saw this thing and was wondering the same haha

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I want to get it, but it's like seeing a spelling mistake on the package of something you want ... o_O

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I heard a couple of dudes ran them but also have not heard any issues either. It's been in my watch list for quite some time. Ron! Copy this so we know its built right plz!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I heard a couple of dudes ran them but also have not heard any issues either. It's been in my watch list for quite some time. Ron! Copy this so we know its built right plz!

the reason we went with highly modified stock is due to the length of the runner and small port (34.5mm) at the flange being a limiting factor. Peron has done extensive testing with long runner manifolds as well as other designs and just can't prove worthwhile gains while retaining the small OEM flange port. One of the reasons they never released their superstock manifold that was ram horn style.
If you have a proper v-band connection tube manifold for a big turbo kit like the Peron or old DHM's, completely different story

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Anybody here running the Peron w/ external wastegate? Or can speak to the quality of the manifold welds? Seems like a lot of manifold to cram in such a tiny space.

mrpwagon

I have used some of those Chinese Manifolds in racing (literally in circuit racing) and they worked and didn't crack. However, and that's a big however turbo cars sometimes don't respond well to tubular and your car might produce less power at some RPMs. At 350 dollars you have nothing to lose, buy one and test it back to back on the dyno and see the results for yourself (only way to know). The Chinese have reached a great level of knock offs and some of their knock offs now are on par with the originals. Many years ago we used a replica of a Spoon manifold on a race S2000 and it made the same exact power as the Spoon one for fraction of the price.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Who did they copy with that BP racing manifold?

Anybody here running the Peron w/ external wastegate? Or can speak to the quality of the manifold welds? Seems like a lot of manifold to cram in such a tiny space.

I run a Peron setup with mt G25-550 setup. I have numerous videos of it on facebook. Check out Whoosh Brothers Racing on FB and you will find a couple videos.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yea that's not good. Maybe on a hybrid if someone wants to move it up but if you buy a hybrid, you buy it for the midrange power.

The stock turbo was way too small to benefit from something like this. I honestly probably lost power with it. It didn't change the sound much either like I'd hoped, but I picked it up used for 200 so I wasn't super upset by it.