Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Smaller Diameter Upper Strut Bolt?

So I have XTA's and I love them. But I have always been curious about the Moto IQ guys running a smaller upper strut bolt to run more camber. Their write up says they ended up running -4 degrees of camber for a track only setup. Which sounds very interesting. My first thought was how dangerous it sounds. But if the Moto IQ guys are doing it... how bad could it be?

"We used a slightly smaller 10mm diameter upper strut bolt and were able to adjust the camber to negative 4 degrees by tilting the spindle inwards and maxing out the camber plate. The car was going to the track the next day so this was good. We would not run this amount of camber for long term daily street driving. We set the toe to 1/8" out."

Is this dangerous? Has anyone on here done this? And does any 10mm upper strut bolt with the same length work? Where could I find bolts like that?

Thanks for any help.