Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Smoking Tire testing Cobb Stage III Fiesta ST package - Downpipe + Catback Exhaust

I though tit was just me missing where Cobb has the Stage 2 for sale considering they've moved onto stage 3... I'm patiently waiting, but that patience is running out!

Keep in mind the Stage 2 kit that Cobb installed earlier for The Smoking Tire was a pre-production kit. Most likely also the same for the Stage 3 kit they just fitted.

Considering manufacturing lead times for components and the fact that they just finished with tinkering with Stage 2, I'm not surprised it is taking this long.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
No its taking forever because they are spending all the time putting parts out for other cars like gtr and various other elite nose in the air boxer owners. Starts with a P.

Yeeeesh man, might want to come down off that soap box before you get confused for one of those 'elite nose in the air boxer owners'. Ford isn't where Cobb's bread and butter is. It is, however, with Subaru, Nissan, and other badges. Be glad we have a few performance shops that are willing to even work on our vehicles.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
You sir sound as if just because we drive fiestas that we should be greatfull to even be thought of
And should accept a lower standard just because of it. I say naynay to this. Our dollar is worth as much as anyone elses. And i would be willing to bet that there are more small hatch back rockets on the road world wide than the rest of your list combined that are modding and tuning.
I sir am second class to no man, dont care how much money they have.

soap box out.
[gunfire]

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
You sir sound as if just because we drive fiestas that we should be greatfull to even be thought of
And should accept a lower standard just because of it. I say naynay to this. Our dollar is worth as much as anyone elses. And i would be willing to bet that there are more small hatch back rockets on the road world wide than the rest of your list combined that are modding and tuning.
I sir am second class to no man, dont care how much money they have.

soap box out.
[gunfire]
Tooling, production costs, return on investment.

As much as I love to be the enthusiast's advocate, there's the business side of the argument to consider as well. How many of us can there possibly be? Didn't Ford make only like 5k Fiesta ST's for the USA for the 2014 production year? I could be wrong but that's what I remember seeing offhand. That number seems low, considering the cost of tooling up to make stuff and actually getting it produced and then sent to the distribution centers. a lot goes into it. Tooling can cost between 10k and 50k depending on the item, so you need to know you're going to make that back with whatever you're selling.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Yeeeesh man, might want to come down off that soap box before you get confused for one of those 'elite nose in the air boxer owners'. Ford isn't where Cobb's bread and butter is. It is, however, with Subaru, Nissan, and other badges. Be glad we have a few performance shops that are willing to even work on our vehicles.
This. Both the Focus ST and the Fiesta ST are relatively small compared to other markets Cobb participates in...just be thankful you didn't purchase an MK3 Focus or NA Fiesta where there are virtually no upgrades for the vehicle.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Tooling is expensive i know. But how many parts are we likely to see that require tools other than a pipe bender a welder and.... all we askin for are some plumbing. If they want to do short shift or something super cool like a flux cap. Then i could understand. But for intake and ex. That everyone else has out already that didnt have parts at last years sema. Just been hearing alot of talk but not alot of parts on the table. I can talk all day about paying my bills but talk doesnt keep the lights on.[smackbum].

im not actually mad just want to see something real not just hear about it for a year.

they also need to make sure the parts will work with some hard miles, as well as perform normally in easy driving. COBB doesn't want to throw new parts out that blow up in a week or don't work in traffic. it's better for us that they take their time. unlike some of the other no name companies that magically have "huge" gains with no testing.

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
they also need to make sure the parts will work with some hard miles, as well as perform normally in easy driving. COBB doesn't want to throw new parts out that blow up in a week or don't work in traffic. it's better for us that they take their time. unlike some of the other no name companies that magically have "huge" gains with no testing.
we are getting Stage II and III end of this month or next, depending on which "This Month" they meant, but as of like a week ago apparently we got confirmation.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Here is my guess all but the CAI but again it is just a guess I just want the tunes to play with personally