Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sold my 2021 Ranger for a 2018 FiST

Had a new Ford Ranger for about 8 months and the market is so crazy, I actually sold it to CarMax for $6,000 more than I paid. Been eyeing the FiST since I test drove one in 2017. Back then I decided to go with a WRX and after blowing tons of money on mods, it started blowing white smoke on the dyno. Should have gone with the FiST. I have a new steering wheel coming and looking at wheels/tires in the spring. Stock, this car is just great. Gear box is sweet and handling is great. I've become a fan of the rear torsion beam over the years. This car is so much funner than my stage 2 WRX ever was.

Attachments

Welcome; I have a 90s Ford Ranger I got new when I was in high school (my parents bought it for me); it still runs great after 200k + miles on her; slow as hell, though - makes my FiST seem faster, lol.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Welcome; I have a 90s Ford Ranger I got new when I was in high school (my parents bought it for me); it still runs great after 200k + miles on her; slow as hell, though - makes my FiST seem faster, lol.
Wish cars were modular where you could drop the 1.6EB in the old rangers, would be perfect!

OP
I
Thread Starter #12
My first "car" was an '89 Ranger. It was 8 years old by the time I got it and broke down every month unfortunately šŸ™Œ lol. I liked it tho

My Ranger has been reliable all these years; of course, I've had to replace components that wore out over time like the clutch, alternator, belts, etc., but I've maintained the truck well so it's never rebelled. My FiST is babied also - plan on keeping the little beast a long, long time.

Welcome! I'm currently trying to convince my wife she needs to trade her car in on a ranger. Some of them look great. Also she would get over a 1000 more than we paid for the car so that helps. I have a nice blue one in my sights.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Wish cars were modular where you could drop the 1.6EB in the old rangers, would be perfect!
You could probably drop one in the back, keep the trans right under the engine. Shit, you could drop another one in the front to drive the front wheels. Two engines, two turbos, two automatic transmissions from an escape... all wheel drive twin turbo 8 cylinder ;)

OP
I
Thread Starter #19
Welcome! I'm currently trying to convince my wife she needs to trade her car in on a ranger. Some of them look great. Also she would get over a 1000 more than we paid for the car so that helps. I have a nice blue one in my sights.
The new Rangers are awesome. I cycle through cars a lot and wish I could've just kept it and got a FiST in addition, but to many other things to spend money on.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.
Reviewers said the new Ranger had a harsh ride, mainly 4x4. I think everybody has owned at least one Ranger. '87 and '90 supercabs. Honorable mention '84 B2000 (Courier) that towed a 19' SeaRay.

Attachments