Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Solid lower control arm bushings?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Another thing I'd like to see brought from the srt4 world to the fist ( I'm sure the srt4 was not the only car that enjoys this upgrade ).

http://www.shoprealtuned.com/product_p/rt-lcab-neon.htm

Lower control arm bushings.

I spent a ton of time trying to fix the wheel hop my srt4 had. Motor mounts, shearing motor mount bolts ( in 4 different spots ), and installing stiff engine trans mounts to try and stop it from happening.

Finally, I made a big purchase ( for me at the time ), and bought a set of solid lower control arm bushings like the ones above ( I did not buy THOSE bushings, just a set basically identical to them ). After that, the car never wheel hopped on the street, never broke a driveline part or had another issue ( for some reason, the exception was at the drag strip on drag radials ). But they greatly improved my traction and reduced wheel hop as advertised.

The fist may or may not have lca bushings that are upto the task, but judging from the RMM, I'm sorta doubting it.

The only downside to the solid lca bushings I saw was noise. They did make a slight bit of noise.

Anyone know of a shop or place that maybe interested in building a set for the fist?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have zero wheel hop and very little torque steer using the Powerflex bushings, front and rear on the LCA.

That has been with street tires and 225 road race tires, no drag slicks for my needs but I doubt it would be an issue.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Where did you get them, and how much were they Rick?

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I bought mine from Modbargains, another one of our great vendors.

Do the trans mount as well from the parts I sent to test fit, you should start selling those as they have to help with all the play in the stock mount:)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'll add this to Spring upgrades. I'd love to do it now, but it's already too cold... Or maybe I'll just get a space heater.

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Stock a-arms are only $40ish too, at that price might as well pick up an extra set to install upgraded bushings into and make it a easy swap affair.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Stock a-arms are only $40ish too, at that price might as well pick up an extra set to install upgraded bushings into and make it a easy swap affair.
This too is on my future things to do list.

Dave