Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sound Symposer delete

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How many people have done this? I want to do a catch can mod and need to remove it for the mod.
Jesus H. Christ.....does anyone use the search button anymore? No special tool needed....just grab a symposer delete kit from Whoosh or Mountune and let her Rip. It takes away the inside cabin noise....FYI. But deletes a possible boost leak point!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

I think it depends… I think if you want to up the boost levels a lot than absolutely. If not sure it’s necessary at near stock levels of power. I still have mine slightly plugged off. Hopefully if you do remove it you have some money set aside for a cat back exhaust because the car will be too quiet without the symposer. Also there are folks looking for a symposer for smog inspection. But that depends on the state u live in.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I think it depends… I think if you want to up the boost levels a lot than absolutely. If not sure it’s necessary at near stock levels of power. I still have mine slightly plugged off. Hopefully if you do remove it you have some money set aside for a cat back exhaust because the car will be too quiet without the symposer. Also there are folks looking for a symposer for smog inspection. But that depends on the state u live in.
Did you fail a visual inspection in CA because of the symposer? Gawd, the emissions are off-the-scale when we do that mod ... NOT! [facepalm]

Sam4

Just don't throw anything away. At some point you'll have to put it back together (inspections, warranty work) temporarily. FYI - the hose clamps are glued in place and and stupidly hard to remove.