Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sparco FF1-17

Hey all, I'm thinking of picking up a set of Sparco FF1-17 in Gloss Black for my MO FiST (time for new tires anyway). Anyone else running these? I'm curious on impressions. They look nice and the weight is excellent for a 17.

Business6

Like a larger diameter Dekagram. Looks good, go for it if you want to stick with 17s!

On the tire rack website it looks to be almost identical to the Asseto Gara, but costs $55 more per wheel. Offset it 47mm vs. 42mm. I would just get the Assettos. It’s also .8lbs lighter so possibly forged construction. You’ll just have to decide if that’s worth $220 more for a wheel that looks and will largely perform the same.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
On the tire rack website it looks to be almost identical to the Asseto Gara, but costs $55 more per wheel. Offset it 47mm vs. 42mm. I would just get the Assettos. It’s also .8lbs lighter so possibly forged construction. You’ll just have to decide if that’s worth $220 more for a wheel that looks and will largely perform the same.
Exactly why I'm considering it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. I like that it feels a little more modern and better shaped in the details than the Assetto Gara (which I've already owned on a previous car), but I would like more offset. I'm hoping someone here has a set and can share some thoughts.

kevinatfms

They are flow formed, hub centric and are significantly stronger than the Assettos.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Can only find in 17x7 at tire rack. The sparco/OZ sites show it can be had in 17x8. Anyone know other sellers or a source for these other than Tire Rack?

Spent a lot of time duck duck going to no avail.

CSM

1000 Post Club
OZ and Sparco are great wheels IMO. Have had a couple sets of Sparco on my fiesta over the years and have OZ now on my scion. Solid build quality for sure.

I think +47 is a little too high an offset personally.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Can only find in 17x7 at tire rack. The sparco/OZ sites show it can be had in 17x8. Anyone know other sellers or a source for these other than Tire Rack?

You could try contacting some of the Brit/Irish/Euro distributors/vendors.

But, when I was looking for a set of Speedline 2120s for this car, they NEVER EVER got back to me/answered ANY emails, or calls, at all (so, then I just bought the Dekagrams). [:(]

SADLY, like many other items (cough, cough; Direzza D3s), Tire Rack is given the absolute EXCLUSIVE on the whole OZed/Sparco lineup sold here, and THEY get to choose which items they want to sell, and refuse to bring in anything outside of that 'roster'. [mad] [mad]

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club

Have you tried contacting tire rack directly? (not the instant chat, the phone).

A lot of times they will have fitments that will work, but aren't listed as vehicle specific because offsets are a little out of their range of what they consider acceptable (Tire Rack is pretty conservative about this).

Case in point - in the BRZ/FRS/86 community, Tire rack sells OZ wheels in 5x100 17x8 and +35 offset, but doesn't list it on the vehicle page for the car. You have to call them directly to buy it, and they make you sign some form acknowledging that its outside the recommended dimensions for vehicle use.

Worth a shot

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Have you tried contacting tire rack directly? (not the instant chat, the phone).

A lot of times they will have fitments that will work, but aren't listed as vehicle specific because offsets are a little out of their range of what they consider acceptable (Tire Rack is pretty conservative about this).

Case in point - in the BRZ/FRS/86 community, Tire rack sells OZ wheels in 5x100 17x8 and +35 offset, but doesn't list it on the vehicle page for the car. You have to call them directly to buy it, and they make you sign some form acknowledging that its outside the recommended dimensions for vehicle use.

Worth a shot
Ha yeah I only sent them a message via the website inquiry. Aggravating how they force you to search by vehicle. I get why though. I'll have to call then.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
You could try contacting some of the Brit/Irish/Euro distributors/vendors.

But, when I was looking for a set of Speedline 2120s for this car, they NEVER EVER got back to me/answered ANY emails, or calls, at all (so, then I just bought the Dekagrams). [:(]

SADLY, like many other items (cough, cough; Direzza D3s), Tire Rack is given the absolute EXCLUSIVE on the whole OZed/Sparco lineup sold here, and THEY get to choose which items they want to sell, and refuse to bring in anything outside of that 'roster'. [mad] [mad]
Explains the difficulty locating them anywhere else. I did see some UK sites with $250 shipping to US but only showed their UK lug patterns available.

kevinatfms

OZ and Sparco are great wheels IMO. Have had a couple sets of Sparco on my fiesta over the years and have OZ now on my scion. Solid build quality for sure.

I think +47 is a little too high an offset personally.
The +47 offset is to conform to SCCA HS class rules.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Wheel base out of I think France but who knows responded and said nope. Tire Rack basically was like No and we dont special order but feel free to drop my name if you purchase lol. Waiting to hear back from drift shop.

May have to just go with the Lockouts I like.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Drift Shop is where VirtualRonin on here found his no longer ever being brought into this land by Tire Rack, OZed Superturismo WRCs, so there may be a slight chance. [thumb]

SPhilli911

Performance Alloys in the UK will ship OZ and Sparco wheels to the US (https://www.performancealloys.com/sparco-ff1-gloss-black), however, I don't think the FF1s are available in 17x8 with our lug pattern. They're not so great at responding to emails, but I've ordered OZ wheels from them.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Performance Alloys in the UK will ship OZ and Sparco wheels to the US (https://www.performancealloys.com/sparco-ff1-gloss-black), however, I don't think the FF1s are available in 17x8 with our lug pattern. They're not so great at responding to emails, but I've ordered OZ wheels from them.
Ill look at them again. I think I did send them a message and didnt get a response but at the time was looking ONLY at the Sparco's. There are a couple OZ wheels I have since liked as I look deeper.

Life was easier when I was convinced I would stay on the OEM

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I knew that I did not like the OEM wheels BEFORE I even bought the car, and that I wanted a multi radial spoke, 'tarmac rally look' wheel to replace them. [wink]

In fact, heavy as they are, and despite them only being the same size as the stockers, if Ford had offered me the chance to order the car with (or even a dealer installed option for) the Focus 'EAP'/Ford Racing 'Rally' wheels, even for extra co$t, I would have opted for those.

kevinatfms

Street rules allow a +/- 7mm difference in offset for wheels. Makes more sense to drop to a lower offset wheel and gain extra room between the tire and the strut
Alot of companies try to keep it as close to stock to limit the questions. Same size, hub bore, nearly the same offset while reducing weight is the perfect recipe for an HS class wheel.