Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spark plug wear, unusual?

Just wanted to pick the brains of the various member on the boards. Did my spark plug change yesterday after having some insane engine sputtering, all is well now though. I do have a picture to show everyone and am looking for some insight.
Since I'm not aware of the cylinder numbers, I just labeled them from order of removal; passenger to driver side. My driver side plug is insanely black compared to the first three.... Why is this?

Yes, I am running ethanol, E30 to be exact. Tuned pretty aggressively, no need to disclose the tuner, I feel that is irrelevant. The plugs in the picture are NGK and lasted 16,xxx miles, damn near 2 1/2 years.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #2
I literally just disposed of them to. The electrode, on cylinder four, was coated black all the way to the tip. Compared to cylinder one (passenger side), the threads all the way to the tip were shiny still. It still had that nice coating to it. The electrode still had its grey "hue" as well.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I literally just disposed of them to. The electrode, on cylinder four, was coated black all the way to the tip. Compared to cylinder one (passenger side), the threads all the way to the tip were shiny still. It still had that nice coating to it. The electrode still had its grey "hue" as well.

Dig that shit out of the trash....I have pieces of cardboard with all the spark plugs labeled by cylinder that I've pulled from my Typhoon & they get done every 6k and I started again with my FiST for future reference and to inspect at my leisure. I have a great chart with pictures of what contamination from all the fluids loos like.....ill see if I can dig it up. Couldn't find mine....but this one is good.

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Dumpster diving in t-minus 5 minutes and counting, that is a fucking awesome chart! Thank you.