Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spark plugs

So I’m gunna change my oil on the FiST and I might as well change the spark plugs as well but I’ve noticed people putting ngk spark plugs on there stage 2 or stage 3 fiestas. What I’m curious about is what’s recommended on a stock Fiesta ST. Is it worth upgrading to ngk plugs and what should I gap them when stock Or should I stay with standard spark plugs since I’m still stock? I haven’t been able to find any post about stock fiestas and plugs so any help will be great [emoji1305]

Spork1569

I'd probably stick to stock plugs unless you're planning on tuning sometime soon. The point of the step colder plugs is to help prevent knock and negative corrections when tuned.

The stock tune is pretty conservative and meant to run on stock plugs. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

OP
Itsmarcitos_
Thread Starter #3
I'd probably stick to stock plugs unless you're planning on tuning sometime soon. The point of the step colder plugs is to help prevent knock and negative corrections when tuned.

The stock time is pretty conservative and meant to run on stock plugs. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Great! [emoji1305] thanks for the info! [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
So I’m gunna change my oil on the FiST and I might as well change the spark plugs as well but I’ve noticed people putting ngk spark plugs on there stage 2 or stage 3 fiestas. What I’m curious about is what’s recommended on a stock Fiesta ST. Is it worth upgrading to ngk plugs and what should I gap them when stock Or should I stay with standard spark plugs since I’m still stock? I haven’t been able to find any post about stock fiestas and plugs so any help will be great [emoji1305]
Upgraded plugs won't hurt the car, but the benefits will be lessened when compared to a car with a tune.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Ford has in the past used Motorcraft spark plugs so unless they've changed recently the stock plugs are likely Motorcraft.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I promise you NGK makes them they're just not labeled. They do have the made in Japan stamp on them if you look up the part number it's a NGK laser.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Upgraded plugs won't hurt the car, but the benefits will be lessened when compared to a car with a tune.
IF one tends to short trip their car, in an area which gets colder than where you (and the op) are located, on the factory tune, then a step colder plug can cause some carbon 'loading up' of the plugs to occur (IF you were referring to step colder plugs, and not just to a supposedly higher quality/longer life plug). [wink]