Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Speed Engineering Brake Cooling

Hello Guys,

Some may know me and my Car (Clubsport FiST)
Ive been tracking my Car around the Nürburgring in Germany for many Years now.
A German Company now brought a Brake Cooling Kit on the Market wich is in my Opinion the maximum cooling you can get with Bolt on Parts.
I posted Pictures of my Set in my Build Thread already but i want to let more People know!
They do International Shipping for now on and the Website is available in English too.

Speedengineering.de

If anyone orders a Set from the Shop please put my Nickname (Dr.Prutteklutt) in the Notification, this would help me a lot! :)
Feel free to Contact me or Speedengineering if there are any Questions!

Greetings from Germany,

Marcel.

Last edited:
This looks like a great kit.

And like they also offer similar kits for other cars, I understand that they have some good experience with material choice, vibration and heat management, etc.

When I saw your post, I contacted the guys at Speed Engineering to see if they are interested to devlop a modified version of the wishbone ducts.

I already have brake cooling, using 3in tubes, that brings air near the calipers. This is not the most efficient way to cool brakes and I would like to bring air from a 3in tube to the center of the rotor.

My setup is very similar to this one : https://www.fiestast.net/threads/my-brake-ducts-build.2251/

So I asked Speed Engineering if they can enlarge their duct to receive a 3in hose, and also enlarge the duct body so it can effectively flow more air to the rotor. Without interference with surounding parts of course. As the inlet is more in the center of the car, this gives an almost straignt line between the inlet and the duct, and keep foglight function.

They say that they can do this.

If anybody is interested by a similar setup, you can chime in here!

Robbert

This looks like a great kit.

And like they also offer similar kits for other cars, I understand that they have some good experience with material choice, vibration and heat management, etc.

When I saw your post, I contacted the guys at Speed Engineering to see if they are interested to devlop a modified version of the wishbone ducts.

I already have brake cooling, using 3in tubes, that brings air near the calipers. This is not the most efficient way to cool brakes and I would like to bring air from a 3in tube to the center of the rotor.

My setup is very similar to this one : https://www.fiestast.net/threads/my-brake-ducts-build.2251/

So I asked Speed Engineering if they can enlarge their duct to receive a 3in hose, and also enlarge the duct body so it can effectively flow more air to the rotor. Without interference with surounding parts of course. As the inlet is more in the center of the car, this gives an almost straignt line between the inlet and the duct, and keep foglight function.

They say that they can do this.

If anybody is interested by a similar setup, you can chime in here!
Hey Philippe, did you get the ducts with the 3in tube opening? I'm interested in that mod but no luck when I contacted them directly.

Hey Philippe, did you get the ducts with the 3in tube opening? I'm interested in that mod but no luck when I contacted them directly.
Unfortunately, after getting a positive answer from Speed Engineering to my modification request, I had no news from them. So I decided to go with their standard kit and see how it performs.

It have been shipped but I did not receive it yet. I plan to run those ducts along with these deflectors : https://www.all-stars-motorsport.co...ing-diffusers-ac-fist7-bad-2000000087153.html

They are a bit bigger than Boomba ones and should direct air toward inner rotor face and caliper, while the Speed ducts will bring fresh air to the rotor center opening.

Last edited:

kevinatfms

Unfortunately, after getting a positive answer from Speed Engineering to my modification request, I had no news from them. So I decided to go with their standard kit and see how it performs.

It have been shipped but I did not receive it yet. I plan to run those ducts along with these deflectors : https://www.all-stars-motorsport.co...ing-diffusers-ac-fist7-bad-2000000087153.html

They are a bit bigger than Boomba ones and should direct air toward inner rotor face and caliper, while the Speed ducts will bring fresh air to the rotor center opening.
Those alpha engineering ducts are interesting. For $40 less than the Boomba versions they seem like a great deal. Dont know shipping but base price is already significantly less.