Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spice under the Knife. ( Now S280 powered!)Dpro’s 2018 Orange Spice STGOKRT official Build! Part two the rebuild coming!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I never realized that they were FORGED aluminum alloy tubing! [8D] [twothumb]

Now I really want that trunk brace. [wink]
truck braces are here too, will be on the site hopefully tonight
these braces are not hollow either like some of the similar styles like Cusco, Tanabe, etc
I also have cut away samples I'll post pics of when I wrap all this up finally

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
they are nice and wish they weren't so pricey. I imagine it's over 2k with all the bracing. still will most likely splurge for the 6pt tunnel brace not listed on Ron's site just yet, the UK2B brace I think it is.
that brace is here too, hang in there for the listing !

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #84
and a few adjustments I have been focusing on the curves and the fact that shouldbeasy did not have to add much smooth at all . I am putting out 284 HP according to Vydno on 91! This chart speaks heaps and bounds about Adam’s Tuning. Fact is this is the the 2nd revision from a base tune! Tuneplus FTW.
3287CE37-CC13-4F02-9BC3-DCE0BEBCC581.png

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Quick question: are you logging in 3rd or 4th gear? I'm hoping to not need to use 4th honestly lol

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #86
Quick question: are you logging in 3rd or 4th gear? I'm hoping to not need to use 4th honestly lol
These are 3rd gear logs. I did have to wait till I had a reasonable temp though as one it got down into the 50’s I was getting a lot of tirespin but thats partly because I am running Rs Pro’s.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
These are 3rd gear logs. I did have to wait till I had a reasonable temp though as one it got down into the 50’s I was getting a lot of tirespin but thats partly because I am running Rs Pro’s.
Good stuff. Im logging my roommates car for his S280 tune from Tune+ as well. I was tuned by CPE on mine, and I have to say that Adams tune is leagues ahead of CPE, second revision already blowing the doors off the car and feels better than my completed tune did. Its crazy how much more Adam is doing than anyone else.

ronmcdon

Look at what arrived today! Swave Summit 4 point forged Aluminum triple tube brace. I I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow afternoon. lol
maybe I'm splitting hairs but really curious if there's a difference in height clearance between this and the TB 4pt traction brace. just got on the TB brace thrown on (purchased in Nov when it was not known if and when Ron would get the Summit braces) and not sure if it would make sense to compare since we're more local.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
maybe I'm splitting hairs but really curious if there's a difference in height clearance between this and the TB 4pt traction brace. just got on the TB brace thrown on (purchased in Nov when it was not known if and when Ron would get the Summit braces) and not sure if it would make sense to compare since we're more local.
I'd like to know this as well, since ANY brace which goes on the front subframe/cross member of my car MUST BE substantially lower profile than anything else out there (and WAY lower profile than any of the Pierce stuff!!) in order to not make contact with my skid plate, when that is installed on the car.

ronmcdon

well if Dpro is up for it can meet up some tine to do measurements. if the summit offers considerable clearance over the TB wouldnt mind selling my kidney for the summit brace

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #92
And Summit Brace in! I just drove her around and even with the S280 TQ steer is now minimal to nonexistent.

Also the front end just feels solid now and totally tight on turn in.

I should add clearance is great.
This brace is dope!Thanks again Ron@Whoosh Motorsports BCBFBAF4-AE1A-45F8-823C-03B739BEAAB7.jpeg for bringing this in.

Last edited:
OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #96
Meister R? What spring rates did you go with?
Bingo ya It was kinda of a giveaway in the pic if you know the colors lol. I went with 5/3 I also added a bit more camber to the front and my tires clear no problem now. Though I have not really taken it out yet to bed in the brakes. That will happen this weekend I think I will be making more ride height adjustments on Monday gonna drive it around this weekend and let stuff settle in a bit.

Mikey456

Oh look I get bored with wheels :LOL: So its new shoes and socks time,
Keeping my Dekagrams but adding these into the mix . Titans! 17x8 215/45 uber sticky Falken RT660’s! View attachment 39304 View attachment 39305 View attachment 39306 View attachment 39307 View attachment 39308 View attachment 39310
So why the size change? What’s the performance advantage? Better turn in? More tire options? Curious people want to know. By the way, I thought the Titans were 17x7.5? Does this tire/wheel setup fit better underneath as far as fender rub or lack of? Thanks

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #98
So why the size change? What’s the performance advantage? Better turn in? More tire options? Curious people want to know. By the way, I thought the Titans were 17x7.5? Does this tire/wheel setup fit better underneath as far as fender rub or lack of? Thanks
It was mainly because I wanted to see difference in turn in and I like the look of the Titans a lot:ROFLMAO: . They have some concave to them which I really like. They also were light enough for a 17 at 17.4 pounds each to warrant getting them, I then shoe’d them with RT660 tires which are stickier and quieter than the RS Pro’s .
I still like the RS Pro’s cost wise . Though I absolutely love the RT660’s tires wise. I did not sell my Dekagrams, they are stashed away I could toss them on at anytime. I was also considering putting a set of RT660’s on them. .

Last edited:

Mikey456

I might go that direction and stick to 17 inch wheels but I do like the look of the stockers. I know that there is weight to be saved. But that’s only if my car is running. My car is stuck at the dealer (fortunately under warranty) for what seems like weeks for a bad cylinder. I need a new cylinder head and there is a back order on parts. And my car has hardly any mods around here.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #100
I might go that direction and stick to 17 inch wheels but I do like the look of the stockers. I know that there is weight to be saved. But that’s only if my car is running. My car is stuck at the dealer (fortunately under warranty) for what seems like weeks for a bad cylinder. I need a new cylinder head and there is a back order on parts. And my car has hardly any mods around here.
Wow, how the hell? How many miles on it. Thats a trip did you have a an overheat.