Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spice under the Knife. ( Now S280 powered!)Dpro’s 2018 Orange Spice STGOKRT official Build! Part two the rebuild coming!

Mikey456

I just have 30k on it. Never overheated. Check engine light came on. The local dealer checked. Low compression on one cylinder. They ordered another cylinder head but they are backordered on parts from Ford. One of the parts was a 40$ head gasket. A part I found myself on Tasca.com. What a ordeal and I’m not done. Thinking about that extended warranty you got on your car. Is it from a Ford dealer somewhere? How long is it? I thought these engines are robust. Maybe I’m the only one with a lemon.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #102
I just have 30k on it. Never overheated. Check engine light came on. The local dealer checked. Low compression on one cylinder. They ordered another cylinder head but they are backordered on parts from Ford. One of the parts was a 40$ head gasket. A part I found myself on Tasca.com. What a ordeal and I’m not done. Thinking about that extended warranty you got on your car. Is it from a Ford dealer somewhere? How long is it? I thought these engines are robust. Maybe I’m the only one with a lemon.
Yes its from Ziegler Ford in Livonia Michigan. I got the longest one and the top one. with a $100 deductible it was just under $1500 I consider it cheap insurance.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
Out with the old in with the New removed my Mountune Hose with Whoosh crossover pipe 2.75 for a full 3 inch COBB Carb legal intake . It attached to the ST200 bottom So I have a larger filter along with true cold air.

Bottom pic is old setup Whoosh. crossoverpipe and Mountune Hose which is a Great setup as well.

4DDDABE4-BC5C-4666-AFEE-9CB18D46A558.jpeg 774CD323-50C3-4211-82BA-1E68E359EBD6.jpeg

Last edited:

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Out with the old in with the New removed my Mountune Hose with Whoosh crossover pipe 2.75 for a full 3 inch COBB Carb legal intake . It attached to the ST200 bottom So I have a larger filter along with true cold air.

Bottom pic is old setup Whoosh. crossoverpipe and Mountune Hose which is a Great setup as well.

View attachment 46391 View attachment 46392
That looks really good. Any more noise from the Cobb? I have basically the exact same setup as your previous one and keep eyeballing the Cobb too

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
That looks really good. Any more noise from the Cobb? I have basically the exact same setup as your previous one and keep eyeballing the Cobb too
I have only driven it to the grocery store and back because Playoffs .:LOL: Though I will be going over to my friends house for the 49rs Rams game . North Vs South. I did notice its spooling a bit quicker and has added a bit more grunt to the exhaust note if that makes any sense. I will give more impressions after the games.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

That's a sweet setup, but I doubt it would give me any performance increases whatsoever over the ST200, as I am still only have the tiny baby escargot. [:(]

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #113
That's a sweet setup, but I doubt it would give me any performance increases whatsoever over the ST200, as I am still only have the tiny baby escargot. [:(]
Ya its a sweet setup and it probably helps my car because of the s280 .

Though I will say this when Jason aka Dizzy did a test of intakes he found that the Ramair/ Whoosh crossover pipes showed actual dyno tested improvement.

I would say it might actually give you some improvements as the Whoosh pipe is 2.75 inches and this is 3 inches.

It would be an improvement over someone just running a ST200 box with stock piping.The Whoosh is an improvement and not as expensive because it’s not a full setup. Though it’s a great start if you don’t want to buy the whole setup.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
how do you like rons bbk? :)
It has not gone in yet because I had a set of EBC Yellows with UCR rotors I had installed like about 2-3 months before and had not done a lot of driving on. I kinda wanted to wear the Yellows out before swapping out. Plus a bunch of other things have happened between then and now. I have to pick up a set of 5mm spacers to clear my Dekagrams.
Soon though.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Are you running a "14-15" evap harness with that? Also what type of turbo elbow comes off the S280? When i have my hybrid installed I may have to choose between airtec elbow with takeda or older whoosh elbow and can then use my Cobb. Interested to see how you like the Cobb.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #118
Are you running a "14-15" evap harness with that? Also what type of turbo elbow comes off the S280? When i have my hybrid installed I may have to choose between airtec elbow with takeda or older whoosh elbow and can then use my Cobb. Interested to see how you like the Cobb.
I am using the setup Cobb provided with the new intake for my year. All I had to do was remove my single line from the cold side pipe that went up to my intake previously and put their hose on it came with the clip on.

the S280 has a 2.75 outlet and elbow hose with a metal reducer to 2.5 . I for a minute and using that with the 3 inch to 2.5 hose the Cobb came with but I have a 3 inch hose and I am looking for a 3 inch to 2.75 aluminum reducer . I bought a 3 inch hose and 3 inch adapter thinking the S280 had a 3 inch outlet and elbow it did not. :LOL:

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #119
Have not posted in a minute put the Wavetrac LSD in last week no pics as big job done by shop shout out to FSwerks for the install!

Ya I do not have a space to do that kinda work myself. Also put in a ST200 clutch and I am still breaking in the clutch. Took it up Big Tujunga and the front side of Angeles Crest today and what people say is true LSD in our cars do wonders.
It dives into corners pulling through. The car tracks in a straight line much better even with tires that would cause tramlining. It just delivers a very positive driving experience . I strongly recommend people getting one.
Oh and yes it does reduce the TQ steer as well.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
You went with Wavetrack right? I’d love to drive cars with different diffs back to back. I like the MFactory but its moment of hesitation before it locks is a bit annoying and now that I have TVC disabled I have to use my left foot or come off throttle a bit when exiting hard. Seems much more appropriate for street/mountain than track. I might swap to something else down the road but the last thing I want is more maintenance. Can’t have it all though lol.