Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SPIED: "Next Gen" Fiesta Test Mule?

Hey Guys,
this is not a test mule for a Fiesta RS. Look. The MK8 Fiesta will come in 2017. If there would come a RS on MK7 it would not be sold before 2016. And a RS only running for 1 year makes no sense.
This is a test mule for a normal Fiesta MK8 because the underbody from a MK7 and a MK8 ist exactly the same.
Sorry for crushing your dreams for a Fiesta RS. Maybe a Fiesta RS comes with the MK8 after 2017.

But think at a statement Ford has given: There will be only one RS never 2 or more.
Perhaps with selling the Focus RS worldwide the given statement is no longer active and we get sometimes a Fiesta RS. We will see.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I tend to agree with Doubletap. Sales of FiST's and Fiesta's in general are lagging behind the Focus and Focus ST which are in turn down in sales. The only FiST here in Chattanooga, TN is loaded with options and Black, not a highly desirable color in the sunny hot south. Sitting now for 2 months with zero offers according to our salesman. The other 3 Ford dealers here have none and plan on stocking none. They will be glad to order you one for way over MSRP! People like me are not going to pay $27,000 for a Fiesta ST. At $20,000 it is one hell of a car...$22,000 with the Recaros if you must. I did not want them as my wife and myself both did not like them. As an owner of two previous cars with factory installed Recaros we were very disappointed in the short seat cushion tilted way to much and no adjustable thigh bolsters like our previous Recaros. I will be using the car for long road trips and these Recaros would not work for us.

I just don't think FoMoCo will invest heavily in a performance AWD Fiesta RS. I believe the current power-train can be "Mountuned" to 230-240 HP and a true limited slip differential will make the new ST (or RS) Fiesta a better performer but AWD would drive the price too high for a sub compact. I suspect that like my short lived Mazda 323 GT they would sit on the dealers lots forever. The Mazda 323 GT was a production run to homologate the model for racing.....but $10,000 for a Mazda 323 just did not light fires in the public except in car nut people like me.....DOHC Turbo, 4 wheel disc brakes, IRS, sticky tires. I stole one and it was until totaled by my nephew-in-law my favorite car...a true "Q" ship that devoured yuppies egos and BMWs.

BTW, "Q" ships were regular WWII Liberty cargo ships that were armed but the guns were hidden until a U Boat surfaced. A car "Q" ship looks benign, white or silver paint to blend in, no stripes or real outward Hi-Po looks but in reality a high performance car waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting....I love them! Invisible to cops on the road......

By the time I do the Mountune Warranty items (MP215 and FMIC) and a good CBE I will be happy with the power level until the warranty is up. Then the catted down pipe and FMIC hoses and a tune should have me close to 225 HP I would think. And then me and my ST will I hope spend many hours and mile together.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #25
It is funny and interesting that Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Autoblog, and Auto Evolution jumped all over this assuming its the RS test mule...Guess it must have been a slow news day huh? LOL

kevinatfms

It is funny and interesting that Car & Driver, Motor Trend, Autoblog, and Auto Evolution jumped all over this assuming its the RS test mule...Guess it must have been a slow news day huh? LOL
They are hot on the heels of the Focus RS release. Everyone wants to be the first to get shots or information about the next hot performance car. They pay big money to the spy photographers for these photos too.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #28
They are hot on the heels of the Focus RS release. Everyone wants to be the first to get shots or information about the next hot performance car. They pay big money to the spy photographers for these photos too.
yup...which creates good new buzz for them...

I will say that Ford has been surprising us a lot lately and I'm not sure anyone here has any inside knowledge as to what Ford's intentions really are...But this topic does make for fun speculative and assuming discussions!

Maybe, i dunno. I could see both. Bottom half being in the dark from behind the wheel? Looking at the rear on the ST though and the caliper is quite high.
It's also dark up front, so I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket (plus the drums on the Gen 7 are smaller than the discs anyways). It is possible that the Gen 8 Fiesta could have 4 wheel disc all around. I'm leaning towards the side that this is the 1.0L so far. It's on a SE body, which of course means nothing, but the notes on the muffler, inter cooler, and the smaller spoiler on the back are interesting indicators.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
When I first saw this I said hmmm but I seriously doubt it's a RS prototype. Small, vertical cooler, high ride height, doesn't make much sense. I think a fiesta RS will come if the focus rs is successful enough to justify making one. I know ford says 12 performance models through 2020, I just don't see a fiesta rs coming so soon

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
RS will come in the next iteration of the fiesta; the ST may be getting a facelift though. So 2018-2019 is my guess