Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sport Mode gone?

teyr25

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could give some insight on a question I have with my 14 Fiesta ST. I recently swapped the head unit from MyFord Touch to Sync3, and the process was relatively straightforward and worked out of the box. Since then though, I no longer have the option for sport mode when I press the traction control button, and it just goes straight to ESC off. There isn't any response from holding the button for five seconds as there was before. The unit was from a regular non- ST Fiesta, but I have also tried switching to the ST theme in testing mode without any luck.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
What is the function of SPORT MODE?
It's a more performance-oriented / less intrusive stability control setting accessed by pressing the ESC OFF button. It's not completely turned off in sport mode though, which can also be done by a further long press of the ESC OFF button, which is below the fan speed control knob.

Last edited:

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
One tap of ESC disables traction control. A long press then disables stability control as well.

CK1

Hi there. I have a similar issue. I have recently upgraded my headunit with an android one. The problem now is that I cannot see the ESP modes (sport or off) at the head unit screen. When I just press the esc button the orange light appears at the dashboard but the button does nothing when I'm pressing it for 5 secs or so... Moreover, I'm not sure if by pressing the esp button the car goes to sport or off mode. Any ideas how to solve this or at least find out which mode the ESP goes when I press the button? Thank you!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It sounds like you've installed an aftermarket unit. If so, I doubt it will ever display the status. The ECU is not going to know how to 'talk' to an aftermarket system.

CK1

Indeed I have installed an aftermarket unit. I don’t care if the unit displays the status as long as I can select the sport and the off mode. At the moment it seems that I can select one mode only through the esp button and in addition I don’t know which mode is! Is it possible to find out through FORScan?