Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spotted my first Mach E on the road

Fiestig

Spotted my first Mach-E right before the Grapevine out of LA last night. I haven't seen one in the wild until now. It actually looked better than I thought it would.

mach-e-sighting.jpg

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Right? Why didn't they just call it an Edison (read: a 3rd rate Tesla)? Okay that's a little harsh... but I did legit mistake it for a Tesla a first glance.
The shape is super similar. It’s not bad looking at all from the front or side. I still won’t buy an electric vehicle unless it’s a Taycan Turbo S (even if it’s stupid to call it a turbo), but then I’d have to sell my house and live in it.

Ive personally seen two around DC, one in my neighborhood and one at our local dealer.

The one in my neighborhood appears to be a higher trim level and is dark grey. It looks very high end SUV about the size of an escape. From the back straight on it looks very strange and kind of narrow for its size.

The one in the dealer looked more like a base white in color it looked more like a hatch back that just sit alittle high looked alot less "special" in comparison to the other.
For me its the first car that looks a world different with certain colors & trims I say that having not seen any in a brighter color. Im curious to see how they sell around here. The Model X and 3 are very popular around here & id be surprised to see Tesla owners around DC switching brands to the likes of Ford (regardless of no Ford badges what so ever).

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
I think calling it a Mustang was intended be controversial. Otherwise it just looks like another blob of a crossover.

Consider how quick they are, an how fast the Mach E GT will be (faster than a Mustang GT) I think it checks the boxes of practical, fast/fun.

Ordered a Mach-E over the weekend. Wondering how long it's going to be (24+ weeks is listed on Ford's website for premium trim models, like the one I ordered).

Many reasons for choosing it, but the main one is I just don't want an ICE car for my daily driver anymore. And as much as I've had my issues with Ford, I dislike the way Tesla does business far more. The ID4 still feels very rushed to market, which is odd considering VW's been working on it longer than Ford has been on the Mach-E. So it was really only the Mach-E as the obvious choice, though it helps that it seems Ford has actually made a genuinely good EV with decent driving dynamics.

I think calling it a Mustang was intended be controversial. Otherwise it just looks like another blob of a crossover.

Consider how quick they are, an how fast the Mach E GT will be (faster than a Mustang GT) I think it checks the boxes of practical, fast/fun.
Youre right, without a doubt that was intended, it got everyone talking about it. I guess time will tell if the branding will get them into the market or if it will be Fords next Edsel.

Youre right, without a doubt that was intended, it got everyone talking about it. I guess time will tell if the branding will get them into the market or if it will be Fords next Edsel.
Ford has plenty of case examples of how you devalue a brand (hello there BMW M or MB AMG), so we'll see if they've taken those lessons seriously.

Someone had their Mach E at the Member Social Saturday at Atlanta Motorsports Park. They took it through the AutoX course several times. I also dislike the grille cover. Otherwise, I like it. If I were buying an EV it would be on the list to drive and consider.

Business6

Saw one last week. Confused me at first seeing it from the rear but I thought it was just as ugly as every other electric cuv nonsense. Never should have been called a mustang but since that's one of two things ford can actually make money off of it's no surprise.

seen them on the street too and its more offensive than the 4 series bmw. from the front end looks like a dildo on wheels and rear looks like obese mustang
If they would of called it the Ford Mach E I'd be more open to appreciation, but using the mustang name for it was 110% wrong.

ronmcdon

I think a lot of what's unsettling for me is the whole branding culture at large taking things too far and at times kinda tacky. That aside the visuals and design just don't appeal to me even if the mach-e were marketed differently.

now the f-150 lightning EV I think is quite cleverly marketed and seems like a solid product. It's not trying to be what it's not.