Spring & Damper fans rejoyce! Bilstein B8 dampers are now "at inquiry" on the EU site!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
Bilstein makes a great product! [thumb]

I had them (HDs) on my '89 A2 16V GTI, and they stood up (very well!) to; working bad/rough Pro Rally stages, many autocrosses, and daily driven, long term use on some REALLY shitty roads, etc.

IF I did not want at least rebound adjustability, they would be the go to damper for me to use on this car as well. [wink]

OP
KKaWing

KKaWing

Member ID
Thread Starter #22
Bilstein makes a great product! [thumb]

I had them (HDs) on my '89 A2 16V GTI, and they stood up (very well!) to; working bad/rough Pro Rally stages, many autocrosses, and daily driven, long term use on some REALLY shitty roads, etc.

IF I did not want at least rebound adjustability, they would be the go to damper for me to use on this car as well. [wink]
I'm hoping my HD/B6/whatever they call it now will last like yours did. I would've went the Koni route if the rears weren't such a PITA to adjust. If only they still used the side adjuster and include a silicone cap or something for it... oh well.

Member ID
Review of ride comfort and handling politely requested, sir!

koozy

3000 Post Club
Member ID
Love these B8's with the Suspension Techniques springs. Unbelievable value for the B8's with the improved handling performance, road compliance and comfort they provide. They are worth every penny and a steal for what they're going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
Just for confirmation;

ARE, or are not, the ST springs progressive for the front and rear in our app??

Also, will the B8's valving definitely 'handle'/work with the Swift Spec-R spring rates properly?

koozy

3000 Post Club
Member ID
I've posted enough photos of the ST springs to be self evident.

Member ID
How much did they cost front and rear? I didn't see that on the web site and I'm going to call my local dealer tomorrow and wanted a base liner in case they try and bend me over. I looked on tire rack and they say they don't fit wtf

koozy

3000 Post Club
Member ID
How much did they cost front and rear? I didn't see that on the web site and I'm going to call my local dealer tomorrow and wanted a base liner in case they try and bend me over. I looked on tire rack and they say they don't fit wtf
http://www.ajusa.com/

kevinatfms

Member ID
Did you need to add camber bolts to correct the camber? What was camber after the spring install?