Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Springs w/least drop (real world)

Hey all; looking to find out which springs lower our cars the least amount based on real world experience (after settling).

COBB says .8 / .7 ;lowest (highest) I can find.

If not going for adjustable damping and you want factory height, I would just stick with the factory coils. From the factory, this suspension is quite good.

OP
KWeaver
Thread Starter #5
If not going for adjustable damping and you want factory height, I would just stick with the factory coils. From the factory, this suspension is quite good.
I just installed 15x7 Ultras w/ 205/50's and now my FiST looks like a 4x4 :LOL:

So I guess I am trying to get back to near stock appearance. I'm looking for a spring which will keep the actual drop to 1" or less after settling. I went through most of the "Springs" thread and it seemed as though everyones springs settled lower than the advertised drop.

I just installed 15x7 Ultras w/ 205/50's and now my FiST looks like a 4x4 :LOL:

So I guess I am trying to get back to near stock appearance. I'm looking for a spring which will keep the actual drop to 1" or less after settling. I went through most of the "Springs" thread and it seemed as though everyones springs settled lower than the advertised drop.
I'm confused - going from the stock 205/40/17 to a 205/50/15 is overall lower - it's roughly a half inch drop. Perhaps the larger sidewall is giving you the appearance that it's jacked up and taller? I would personally recommend the Mountune springs, I've been impressed with them so far (but haven't tried many others admittedly).

OP
KWeaver
Thread Starter #7
I'm confused - going from the stock 205/40/17 to a 205/50/15 is overall lower - it's roughly a half inch drop. Perhaps the larger sidewall is giving you the appearance that it's jacked up and taller? I would personally recommend the Mountune springs, I've been impressed with them so far (but haven't tried many others admittedly).
It's not the overall height which I am referring too; I talking about the space between the top of the tire and the fender. 205/50's have a smaller diameter so while I am exaggerating, I would like to decrease the slightly larger space between the tire and fender

Brianmc27

Eibach if you want something more supple

Mountune if you want same but just a bit lower

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
If you are willing to go coilovers, MeisterR's adjust up to stock height.