Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sprint booster

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #43
Interim update. Talked to the fellow at SB, and he was stumped as to why. Said they use the OEM connectors, so 'should not be a problem'. Advised that I use "more force" to make the connection - this, after looking at a dozen pictures I have sent him. Well, 'brute force', as much as I am a fan, and - he said that whatever happens, he will 'take care of me' - didn't yield any results.

What did, however, was my sheer brilliance - after I exhausted every other opportunity (to borrow from Winston), I thought that perhaps one of the 6 pins (not 7 or 8) was not quite aligned and that's what prevented from making a connection. So, I moved the 6th pin slightly (as I knew from previous attempts that it was one of outer pins, if anything, that was blocking), and it pushed in. Now, there is no locking clip on my harness (the fellow at SB was thinking that maybe there should be or perhaps was on later models than my MY2015), so I decided that I will apply some 10 mil thick tape that I have for a good measure. Will find out tomorrow if this works.

Here is the linky to the pics to illustrate the bone of contention: CLICKY HERE

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Happy to report, it works fine. Here is a very interesting tidbit: if you are keeping your throttle input steady and switch to either the "Street" or the "Race" mode on the fly, the RPMs bump up and the car accelerates without any additional gas pedal movement. Norman at SP said that they had seen this behavior on some cars - what he is saying (and it makes sense) that the OEM throttle body management is such that you don't get 100% of the TB travel, and the SP management routine moves that knob to 11, hence the surge.

They also say that there may be an improvement in mpgs, because there is no lag in the TB, and there are no "oscillations" of too much/too little throttle on the way to the target speed when you have SB on vs without it. I don't know if this is truly something that can be noticed, but I'm going to spend the next 2 weeks or so driving with the SP on and off to see if there is anything discernible. I am expecting an improvement of the 0-60 times, as there is massive change in responsiveness with the SP on; in fact, I am backing off from the highest "Race" setting (9) to something in the middle (5-6), as the car gets really twitchy under torque steer.

I had both the linear and the bonkers throttle from Stratified. I know how I want it to be and it’s not an either or thing. I want this product
Im glad i chose the linear then. It's touchy enough as is, i can't imagine what the other would be like. I've had to relearn this car for a couple reasons but one is, in 1st and 2nd it's like you give a little throttle and it goes a little, you give it a little more and it engages rocket engines. 3rd and on seems easier, i don't know if that's by design in the map or if the longer gears just lessen the feel.

But Im getting used to it and just being more finessfull. Boy is the low end tq fun though lol. Do your tires spin in 2nd if you go more than half throttle at maybe 2500? I doubt i have the best tires so maybe that's it but 2nd used to be my favorite gear bc you could really feel it stock but now that is what 3rd has become, close to breaking traction but a ton of pull.