Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Spyder, black headlights

OP
Geebs
Thread Starter #5
If I am wrong you'll have to forgive me....my FiST has been in storage since October and I haven't seen it since..

OP
Geebs
Thread Starter #7

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I just walked out to my 2014 FiST and it is definitely black. Here is a close up although it is night time here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just walked out to my 2014 FiST and it is definitely black. Here is a close up although it is night time here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
This is interesting because stock housings are indeed chrome or silver color not black the spyder headlights he posted in the first post indeed were a black backed headlight.
P.S. I will go out and take a pic of mine to show you.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is interesting because stock housings are indeed chrome or silver color not black the spyder headlights he posted in the first post indeed were a black backed headlight.
P.S. I will go out and take a pic of mine to show you.
My stock ones are black not chrome / silver

danbfree

3000 Post Club
So yeah, they are painted black internally for about the same price as say a decent stock replacement like Depo, but I just don't see the point of spending money without any lighting improvement unless your stock ones have issues or you REALLY don't mind dropping $220 just for the black color...I know that Depo makes black Euro projectors, but they are special order and the wait is at least 6 weeks, if not longer, someone recently tried to order and ended up cancelling because the wait was so long, and that was like $450 buyt at least would also be a huge lighting improvement and get LED DRL, etc...

Edit: So it looks like some earlier years have black internals stock... So,these TYC are likely the same thing as the Spyders for $92+shipping...

Edit 2: Nope these TYC are Euro spec, which doesn't have the corner amber marker, but again, pretty much a non-issue legally, cops don't care at all, so may be preferred for the appearance.
And the Depo brand HERE as well, they are also made in Taiwan like TYC but known for a little better quality at a little higher cost, in this case $101 each. If I was to choose between TYC, Depo or Spyder, I'd go with Depo as the Spyder is likely just re-branded TYC or Depo anyway...

Last edited: