Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST Challenge @ Streets of Willow Nov 15

Just an FYI 90 dollars with code SVT1

I'll likely be going.

Debating on buying some front brake pads before going.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Can't do it.
I am all for track days but I don't race.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am going to try to make it but have to contact Russ to see if he can get my parts back to me on time, tune it, etc.....changing from the EFR to a GTX and adding the 5th injector. I wanted to ship the parts a long time ago but old injuries and family issues kept me from being able to.

Time trails are just a big autocross with a few more cars out at a time, just have to find the cleanest place in traffic, haul butt a lap or two, cool down, find the right gap, make another run. I find them quite fun and easier on the car and likely for me less chance of a major off as I normally go all out every lap at HPDE's:)

If you cannot afford to write the car off track insurance is costly but worth it.

Extreme traffic is a horrible org. They don't pregrid so it's a mess. I've done events with them in the past because of how cheap they are and I rather pay the extra few bucks with other organizations. Too many bad experiences with these guys to go.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Extreme traffic is a horrible org. They don't pregrid so it's a mess. I've done events with them in the past because of how cheap they are and I rather pay the extra few bucks with other organizations. Too many bad experiences with these guys to go.
Wow good to know maybe I'll stick to going with west coast racing then. I'm not a big fan of the whole time attack thing anyways. I'm more of a track day experience kind of guy.

On that note I'm most likely not going.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I have never had any bad experience with them.
I have only done open track days, not racing.
I will admit that their dates can get a bit crowded at times.

BTW, Pierce MotorSports will soon be announcing a Fiesta challenge series to start next year.
This event will be held on the big track of Willow Springs

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I am not into crowded tracks either so loosing interested in this event, I will look forward to the Pierce events though I will not be at more than one or two, perhaps 5-6 various events a year in CA as a bit of a drive from just south of Reno.

I have never had any bad experience with them.
I have only done open track days, not racing.
I will admit that their dates can get a bit crowded at times.

BTW, Pierce MotorSports will soon be announcing a Fiesta challenge series to start next year.
This event will be held on the big track of Willow Springs

Dave
That's good. A few of my friends like them. Personally it's the bad experiences and the crazy traffic that keeps me away. But they are supper cheap which makes me want to sign up with them sometimes.

I just paid 250 to do an invite at spring mountian ranch ????????????

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #11
Can't do it.
I am all for track days but I don't race.

Dave
From what i've been told, this is a traditional track day, not wheel to wheel racing.
[MENTION=743]JohnzyST[/MENTION] who do you like or recommend running with for socal tracks (or spring mountain)? What bad experiences have you had other than traffic?
[MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] I was told it's a traditional HPDE day, where you run in the group you want to be in. The ST challenge is just getting all the ST cars together for one track day and shooting the shit at the track rather than in the forums. :)
[MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] do you know if pierce will be doing tracks other than big willow?

I've ran with extremespeed twice before at streets of willow. I have had no real issues other than an over excited brz owner wanting to pass in a point-by run group in the last turn before the front straight going ccw. I let management know and they handled it.
The only other group I've ran with was several corvette track days at Spring Mountain and overall I thought those events were better, but I also think the overall maturity of the drivers for those track days was at a higher level. Anyone run with speedventures or other groups?

Thoughts?

I just want to run with some like minded individuals who want to have a good time and go home in one piece. :)

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
To my knowledge the Fiesta challenge by Pierce Motorsports will be Big Willow only it will also be a timed race event.
Jim is working out the details now and will make the official announcement soon.

Dave

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have gone to yes, to no and now in the middle waiting to see what it really turns out to be:)

I went to a 3 day Vette school at Spring Mountain back in early 08 and love it, course, crew, etc, they liked my driving enough to invite me back to help instruct new drivers at a big Vette meet but I was not able to get away for it. I have wanted to go back since and hope there would be some of the same instructors and head instructor especially still there, the great bunch that they are.

Thanks for mentioning SM. In Dec or early Jan we are passing through the area in our RV with the FiST in the garage, heading to Quartsite for the big gem/RV show and then to Tucson for probably the best gem show in the US after that, we could stay in Pahrump to make it an event at SM on the way.

My wife has been a rock hound all her life and very patient while I have spent a huge amount of time and money building cars, payback time taking her to the shows, already done a bit of payback, this is the big trip I promised her:)

From what i've been told, this is a traditional track day, not wheel to wheel racing.
[MENTION=743]JohnzyST[/MENTION] who do you like or recommend running with for socal tracks (or spring mountain)? What bad experiences have you had other than traffic?
[MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] I was told it's a traditional HPDE day, where you run in the group you want to be in. The ST challenge is just getting all the ST cars together for one track day and shooting the shit at the track rather than in the forums. :)
[MENTION=879]D1JL[/MENTION] do you know if pierce will be doing tracks other than big willow?

I've ran with extremespeed twice before at streets of willow. I have had no real issues other than an over excited brz owner wanting to pass in a point-by run group in the last turn before the front straight going ccw. I let management know and they handled it.
The only other group I've ran with was several corvette track days at Spring Mountain and overall I thought those events were better, but I also think the overall maturity of the drivers for those track days was at a higher level. Anyone run with speedventures or other groups?

Thoughts?

I just want to run with some like minded individuals who want to have a good time and go home in one piece. :)
I really like speed ventures, porche club, race line , gta, and topak.
The drivers are deffentaly young kids at extreme which is why other orgs have more mature drivers but that's not my issue with them.
I dropped two one session and they mixed myself up with someone else who had dropped four twice that session already and tried kicking me out. I honestly never go off track and when I tried to ask the reason behind ending my session I was disrespected and told a lot of nonsense. (Ex. they don't need a reason to kick me out) when they realized there mistake, I never received an apology. They didn't even admit it to there fault and continued to tell me," I have no right to ask why I'm being kicked out". I believe the over crowded, and unorganized event caused some of the issue and I rather go else where.

Like I said bad experience for me. Could have happened to anyone or at any other org but most of the orgs I go to are so nice and I don't think they would have treated the situation like extreme did. I have nothing but great things to say about Speed venture becuase they always treat me very wheel.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
That is really shitty what they did and how they acted, I would of let them have a few choice words to hear, 20 years in the Navy, I know how to dress somebody down when required.

That is really shitty what they did and how they acted, I would of let them have a few choice words to hear, 20 years in the Navy, I know how to dress somebody down when required.
I said a thing or two don't worry about that. [rant]
But that whole issue cost me a session and honestly the rest of the day, becuase of how upset I got.

There is an event next week with topak at spring mountain that I will be doing. If you guys are free yall should come

OP
Brick
Thread Starter #19
I said a thing or two don't worry about that. [rant]
But that whole issue cost me a session and honestly the rest of the day, becuase of how upset I got.

There is an event next week with topak at spring mountain that I will be doing. If you guys are free yall should come
give fair warning next time! I have family in Vegas and I really enjoy spring mountain. [twothumb]

Ford Community Posts